Joker movie

What did you think of the Joker movie?

7 Likes

To me it felt exactly like an SNL parody of a Joker movie that took itself too seriously.

3 Likes

It’s a thinker. Loved it.

5 Likes

I thought it was a fantastic elseworlds take on the character.

2 Likes

Most of it was uncomfortable to watch but I think that’s what it was trying to do but it wasn’t until the last 20 minutes that I actually enjoyed it.

1 Like

Refreshing take on the character in a way to me. Quite a bit dark too. I admit Joaquin Phoenix is not the first person that comes to my mind when I vision the Joker character so I went into film kind of excited to see it cause hey it the joker character but also a little bit nervous to see what Joaquin could do with the character. He nailed it!

1 Like

Fantastic movie. I love that it actually nailed the unpredictability of Joker instead of coming across as someone trying to be unpredictable. I was amazed at how good Phoenix was after seeing it and it reminded me (in a good way) of how good Heath Ledger’s Joker was.

1 Like

I thought it was pretty good, but it isn’t one I’ll watch again any time soon. There was some stuff I liked, like how joker never really had any plan but was improvising almost the whole time. But I think the people who say it is the greatest comic movie of all time are very wrong.

3 Likes

It’s certainly one of the most unique DC movies. It’s nice to see DC doing their own thing and taking risks rather than mimicking Marvel.
-M

2 Likes

I thought it was at least an interesting idea. I feel like if they made a “sequel,” it should be another origin.
“If I had to have a past, I’d prefer it to be multiple choice.” I think it would make the first film even better.

1 Like

I really liked it for an elseworld’s take on the character, but I also understand that the average movie-goer won’t see it as an elseworld’s story, so that can be bothersome sometimes when someone refers to it as canon. I’m also glad it was made. It was a really risky movie, and it’s great that it was green lit by the studio executives over at Warner Bros.

2 Likes

I agree with you on that. I thought of it as either an elseworlds storyline, or another figment of his broken imagination. Definitely one of the darkest films DC ever Mae. I kind of hope there will be more like it. Like a Lex Luthor of Hugo strange movie.

2 Likes

Made. *

1 Like

What I liked most about the movie was in got into in-depth detail of his normal day life and how over time the daily struggles he dealt with mad him snap into becoming the joker it dealt with his psychosis. to me it was more real in life situation

1 Like

It was well-acted and well-shot, but the inclusion of the Wayne family was contrived and preposterous.

2 Likes

Well, I feel like it was cool showing how the Joker had an influence on the Wayne family, and he caused batman to be made.

1 Like

Yeah I disliked the whole “Tomas Wayne is my Father?” angle. That felt like something that belonged in a silver age batman comic, not a film vying for oscar recognition.

3 Likes

Well, it got Oscar recognition, so guess it worked in that regard.

I loved the film, myself. I really like how it’s left so enigmatic that you really don’t know what was real and what was just in his head.

1 Like

I think it was a pretty good movie but didn’t feel like the Joker to me. I enjoyed the dark feel and psychology of it even though it took itself too seriously at times. But the departure from the source left me a little disappointed. However, the performances are fantastic.

1 Like

This is a topic that’s been talked about a LOT on here (including by myself hahaha), so I’ll keep it brief :slight_smile:. Basically, I think that Joaquin Phoenix was great and the film looks really good, but the overall story is really poorly written and handled. None of the characters work, the story is really predictable, it has a bad and inconsistent tone, and overall it is just a worse copycat of Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy. It doesn’t respect its viewers and feels the need to spell everything out for them. For a film being praised for its “realism,” it’s not set in reality making it’s message useless and flawed. And I really can’t stand Todd Philip’s take on cancel culture/modern comedy and its implementation in the film. That’s just my take though. If you or anyone doesn’t feel these are issues or enjoy it for whatever reason, I am happy for you and jealous of you :smile:!

1 Like