Joker by Brian Azzarello

Just read Joker for the first time. Really dug it. Felt like Goodfellas meets the Joker, and of course Lee Bermejo’s art is amazing. What are everyones thoughts on this story?

4 Likes

I really dug it. Bermejo’s art took some getting used to, but I think that is really a testament to his skill in that the Joker’s grotesque criminal operations are drawn so well.

The overall plot was interesting. I would’ve preferred if some of the supporting villains were more accurate with respect to standard continuity, but otherwise they were fine. The idea that Joker would scream into the night sky because he knew Batman would be listening was :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

This was my intro to Brian Azzarello/Lee Bermejo! Fan for life now. So dark, so gritty. Have you checked out Batman: Damned?

4 Likes

Not yet. Im going to pick it up soon though. Possibly this week. Cant wait to read it!

1 Like

Let me know what you think when you get around to it!

1 Like

Absolutely!

1 Like

I’m a fan of both Azzarello and Bermejo, and love this book. It’s a more grounded crime novel take on the Joker.

2 Likes

Totally. Which I didn’t know going in, glad I went in blind. Im a sucker for a good organized crime story, especially within the Batman universe.

1 Like

I saddly have not read this yet but I have read some of Bermejo’s other works like Batman: Noel

2 Likes

Love Noel! So good!

2 Likes

That cover art is a dentist’s worst nightmare :rofl:

4 Likes

I got Damned as an early Christmas present from my parents. I haven’t read it yet though.

2 Likes

The dentist comes in and asks to see his teeth, He opens and the dentists passes out, my god they are terrible

1 Like