Joker and the Wall

You ever wonder why Amanda Waller has not recruited Joker into task force x, had him implanted with a nanite bomb then just ended him once and for all? given the body count, Joker has I would say its something she would do.

3 Likes

If you go that route, you could start listing all the big, bad villains in the DCU.

Waller doesn’t because she’s careful not to make the wrong enemy.

6 Likes

But wasn’t cheetah member of the suicide squad?

2 Likes

well, from a fan perspective. I don’t like the idea of an arch enemy being used/part of the ss because when I think suicide squad i think villains that aren’t that powerful, popular, or much of threat to the dc universe. So I would hate to see joker or lex luthor as part of the squad since theyre big shot villains in the dc having part of squad of nobodies would feel insulting to them.

5 Likes

also, i thought you meant the source wall. I love it when people call waller “The wall” :smile:

4 Likes

Probably, but that just falls in line with another belief I have- they don’t show the Cheetah nearly enough respect.

Hope that changes after WW84.

3 Likes

Joker would have to stay in prison long enough also I think Waller likes having members she can control a mental illness or regret or sense of pride she can manipulate, Joker she’d have to threaten batman and even then Waller is smart enough to know it would probably blow up in her face

3 Likes

which is weird since she’s wonder woman’s arch enemy

2 Likes

technically in some continuities lother has been recruited in a task force x type deal by us government, all-star superman being an example. joker does stay at archham for months at a time. also, I should sate this is something i see waller doing as she is dying of cancer… I would say Harley Quinn is not small-time and she is a core member of the squad for at least 10 years.

1 Like

9 years

1 Like

This is a good question
The reason is Joker is a lunatic and is a patient of Arkham Asylum, not blackgate, she does not have the permission.
Or that Amanda Waller recruited Boomerang because he was no serious threat. Joker would be the kind of Guy to sabotage the mission and run away and truthfully he would succeed. He is unpredictable. I know, I know she recruited Harls but Harley is someone to take the deal.

1 Like

Wait, when during all star superman was recruited to being a member of the suicide squad

1 Like

This was actually part of the plot of NEW SUICIDE SQUAD back in 2014. Government agent Victor Sage (no relation to The Question) was wresting control from the Squad from Waller, and one of the top items on his agenda was recruiting The Joker. Amanda considered this a terrible idea – even with the chip in place, there’s no way to guarantee Joker could be kept in check. She’s seen enough missions go bad to know it would be a potential disaster. They reach a compromise of sorts with Joker’s Daughter, but Sage considered her a placeholder until they were able to acquire the “real” Joker. But Sage would eventually be outed as a mole for corporate interests and taken off the project by the end of the book, before that idea could come to fruition.

2 Likes

Well, she’s her most recognizable enemy, but others loom larger over Diana’s life. Ares, Circe, and more recently Veronica Cale come to mind.

2 Likes

Not literally a member of the Suicide Squad, but under a separate government contract deal, commuting his sentence for serving his country. Another example is his role in “War of the Supermen” circa 2010.

3 Likes

Really? It’s just in some verison of the legion of doom, Lex, Joker, and Cheetah founded it. So since cheetah is usually part of that threesome I thought of her as wonder woman’s arch enemy.

Oh, man I wouldve hated to see Lex be part of a squad of low class villains.

If they ever commuted his sentence I’d move out of the country cause the Justice System would definitely be flawed.

I have some bad news for you about the justice system.

1 Like

Well, if it happens, it will be definitive.