Joining Book Clubs

I’ve been looking for a way to read comics and discuss them with people. I see various book club threads but they’re all pretty established. Can I just kind of jump in and start reading and discussing or is it in poor taste to just insert myself?

I also see a lot of them are themed, which is cool, but would anyone be interested in a small book club that jumps around the continuity, with a more random theme?

2 Likes

You’re welcome to jump into any of the book clubs whenever you like!

1 Like

Welcome, @AngelofMusicOG!

1 Like

Hi! Jump right it! Book clubs are open for all, and anyone can start one.

3 Likes

World of Bats is always open to new sidekicks!

And sometimes open to being late with new installments because I’m silly and forgot.

1 Like

You’re welcome to take flight in the Superman Book Club any ol’ time.

1 Like

You have to pay a two dollar joiners fee for every book club. Just leave your credit card information in a post and I’ll charge your card as needed. Social security number and password for various sensitive accounts would also help expedite the process. Just for our records, it would also help if you could give your home address, a list of your valuables and their location in your home and the times you expect to be vacant of the premises.

2 Likes

“Membership” to my BC is free, but bribing me with DC toys will most certainly get your foot in the door much faster :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I love hearing everyone’s thoughts on comics. You’re always welcome to join any book club. We’re all pretty easy going :smiley:

2 Likes

Most of the clubs are designed so you can pop in and out as you please. Best part, the thread organizers are legally obligated to listen to all your musings on the book club selections.

3 Likes

@AngelofMusicOG, If you are looking for a book club that jumps around and is sorta random, you are probably going to want to look towards @JLWWSM and @MattMcDonald’s book club. It is the main one that started it all. They jump around a lot, but it is awesome goodness. The only week it has a theme is when “Girl Power” is going on. Otherwise, it is always non-themed for the most part. Highly recommend looking into it for what you are mentioning in your post.

3 Likes

There’s always room for one more in the Legion Fan Club time bubble, due to 31st Century technology of course!

We also do a once-a-month watch along on the first Wednesday of every month… the only Club to do so …not to brag.

2 Likes

@Don-El It’s worth a friendly brag, as the Legion kicks ass!

2 Likes

Bump, book clubs are for anyone at anytime. Join and stay, or jump in and out to your delight. The organizers do a great job making all feel welcome.

2 Likes

Please don’t ever feel awkward about jumping into a club or conversation, @AngelofMusicOG! One of the very best parts of this community is how warm and welcoming out members are. So, feel free to jump in, ask a few questions, and get to know the wonderful people here. <3

4 Likes