John Stewart Fan Cast

Who do you think would be the best person to play John Stewart? I think Idris Elba is the only person I could ever see as an older version of him. But if they wanted to make him younger, and bring in a young actor, John Boyega would be my pick. If they went with an older John, I think it should be Hal being trained by him. Kind of like Men In Black.

2 Likes

Michael B Jordan. He should not be Superman, but he would be the perfect role for John

2 Likes

idris could be great, or mahershala ali

1 Like

I agree with you

1 Like

One of the unspoken rules of Hollywood superhero movies is that for an unmasked character, you never go A-list. If they’re in a suit or a mask, it’s easy to fill their screen time with doubles. So for John Stewart, I’d expect a lesser known actor.

1 Like

Jordan has recently made a deal with WB specifically with his production company. I could see that happening.

2 Likes

I had considered Idris Elba my choice for John for a long time, but then I realized how much better he could be as Martian Manhunter. Between the imposing figure and the gravitas of his voice, I think he’d make the perfect J’onn. As for John I think Sterling K. Brown could do a great job. He’s got the ability to project that kind of subtle, calm intensity that makes John a great character, but I think he could also really let loose and give us the stern former marine.

2 Likes