"John Doe Mugshot" (original painting by me)

Hey everyone, I’ve lurked forever and finally decided to share something. I’m an artist for a living but never really mastered comic art too well (I kinda suck at comic art TBH) Recently a gallery I hang my main works, had a comic and pop art showing so I did this with a few other cartoon/nostalgia paintings. Hopefully I did this all right and my post works correctly. Thanks for looking :smile:

8 Likes

This. Is. AMAZING! You have some true potential. You are a very skilled artist, best of luck to you and your art career.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the compliment immensely :smile:

4 Likes

I have to agree with @BatHuman. That’s amazing work right there. Thank you for sharing it with us!

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m happy to share and glad you guys like it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome

3 Likes

I really love this piece @Alanstamey2.60547! The color palette and style remind me a lot of the book The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales, which is a creative explosion. Don’t be so hard on yourself about your work and thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing more!

3 Likes

This is great! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Oh that book was a HUGE influence on me as a budding artist! That’s awesome the influence is able to shine through. And thank you! I definitely will share my next endeavor into DC characters. I’m working on 2 at the moment.

4 Likes

Oh wow - that’s so cool @Alanstamey2.60547! You totally nailed it! I can’t wait to see your other two!

2 Likes