John Constantine: Hellblazer 6

@ThatBlackLabelLife

This is one of my favorite stories currently and I can’t believe I forgot about this book this week, but here it is and I’ll go back and edit the main post for this week:

As Noah’s mother lies in the hospital, deep in a coma with no prognosis of awakening, John Constantine makes the acquaintance of a rapacious spirit—one with a terrifying significance for all of England.

Feel free to express you excitement for these books or to talk about how much you’re enjoying reading them, but please don’t begin any spoiler conversations until Saturday, June 6th, 2020.

For updates on future Black Label releases and to join ThatBlackLabelLife Book Club go here:

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/g/ThatBlackLabelLife

2 Likes

Finally got a chance to read this issue and it was brilliant!

This series just continues to get better and better. A single issue story that tackles nationalism, elder/adult care, the British health care system, loneliness, isolation, the class system, and the very nature of hate. And it still manages to tell a gripping supernatural tale, to boot.

#6 was a substantial issue that touches on so many substantial issues of our time. This book felt like old school Vertigo at its finest.

I promised myself I wasn’t going to be one of those people who constantly critiques the art in books, but I HAVE to admit to liking the way this book was drawn more than the past few books.

I’m REALLY into this story…like SUPER invested!!! This is my first experience with a Constantine solo run and I’m liking it SOOOOOOO much I’m going to be hunting down some back issues here after I do a bit of necessary adulting these next few months.

I hope we get to see more of the Hippy dude. I like John’s attitude, but I appreciate the contrast of the Hipster Magus!

I’m LOVING this whole underlying story of the evil Constantine…or is it an Other Good Constantine doing evil things for the hidden good?

This particular issue was SUPER awesome!

Like what @Corey19 said…it touched on a lot of super deep issues and developed some characters real well.

This is totally one of my favorite stories right now!

1 Like

Hipster Magus definitely deserves an encore appearance! :grin:

1 Like