John Constantine and Hal Jordan Had a Fling

I’m losing my mind you guys because OF COURSE they have.

Just two self-destructive bisexuals afraid of emotional commitment

7 Likes

You don’t choose to be bisexual, you become bisexual when The Guardians entrust you with the ring

3 Likes

I’m not sure of the writer intent here but for sure I would like to see Hal Jordan as Bisexual or rather Pansexual, considering he is a space man who ventures into places where gender is meaningless.

Grant Morrison thought so anyway.

Good post because this usually gets lost in the shuffle of ideas here.

6 Likes

I think there’s a lot of really rich story potential considering Hal was sort of created as a personification of 1960s masculinity and I’d love to see that broken down and having Hal become forced to dig up some stuff he’s been repressing. Also, the spectre arc heavily implied Hal was some flavor of genderfluid/trans

2 Likes

JC and HJ would 100% be a very toxic couple they both need to work on themselves

4 Likes

y’know i was pissed off because i was having a bad day and this just cheered me up. thank you :joy:

best description

5 Likes

I’m so glad Hal’s bad decisions brought light to your day :))

Fr though, I hope your day gets better

3 Likes

thank you. its been going downhill since i woke up so i mean at this point it can’t get much worse
nowhere to go but up

3 Likes

Hal “Lingering Sense Of Unspecified Shame” Jordan

3 Likes

What issue is that from? I suddenly need to read it.

3 Likes

I don’t know I found it on Tumblr and it’s driving my crazy that I can’t find the issue

3 Likes

Wait I looked it up it’s Justice League #51

3 Likes

I did some digging and narrowed it down to one of these 3 comics

JL: Cry for Justice #2 / Birds of Prey #7 / Justice League #51

3 Likes

oh

Well, at least now I know I was right…

2 Likes

Personally, I’d rather see that concept explored with one of the other/new lanterns. I like Hal as that kind of old school cowboy pilot character. Also, even though I don’t see DC ever doing this, I’d love to see Hal on the path toward Johns’ ending. Although, with so many other lanterns in the spotlight I can always hope!

5 Likes

Thats fair. I do think there’s a way to marry the two characterizations

2 Likes

Sure, it’s not exclusive. I suppose a story could be written about how making peace with that could lead to Hal’s commitment to Carol and building that life together. However, I think the groundwork for moving Hal in that direction has already been laid, so I don’t think that story would add as much in this case as it could with another character that is just starting to explore new worlds and all.

4 Likes

Fair. I also think it could provide a new, interesting take on Hal’s origin.

2 Likes

PLOT TWIST turns out I actually own JL #51 and totally forgot to read it. What a delightful coincidence I see this as a sign of good luck

2 Likes

That sound pretty interesting.
My thought is one where Hal is reminiscing with Carol in the current day about their earliest adventures in space. In one story, Hal could admit that while on a mission, he met, befriended, and was infatuated by a alien of the same gender. He could tell her that while he didn’t understand it at the time, it did help him curve some of his more conservative stances he’d held. Recontextualizing the history where he was more conservative in the 70s to become a more typical liberal guy.

Much like Catwoman, the idea of Hal being Bisexual or Pansexual doesn’t mean it would change his established romantic relationship, but rather it adds context and knowledge that we didn’t know about Hal that perhaps writers could explore with future adaptations.

3 Likes