Joëlle Jones and Stanley "Artgerm" Lau

Hello all, I hope everyone is feeling super. I cannot wait for DC FanDome, as the DC Universe sector of New York Comic Con 2019 was my favorite. I was able to meet the incredible @joellejones and Stanley “Artgerm” Lau. Their autographs are a treasured part of my collection. I was curious what are your favorite comics that they have worked on?

3 Likes

You must tell me what it was like to meet Joelle! I’m an new fan of hers and loved the Catwoman run 2018-2019. I bought every issue that year. I will have to see what shes been up to since then. Amazing talent!

1 Like

That’s awesome that you read every issue! That Catwoman run really shows her amazing talent. I saw that DC Universe had a booth set up for fans to meet talent like @joellejones for free. That experience was priceless because both she and Mr. Lau were really happy to meet fans. Getting to meet and talk with her, who is as nice as she is talented, was one of my top favorite parts of my first comic con. Thank you for asking.

2 Likes

Aside from Catwoman, the main thing of hers to read is Lady Killer. It is interesting to read through both volumes and see how different her art looks without Laura Allred.

1 Like

Nice! Lady Killer is another example of her fantastic talent. Yep you’re right @50710 and both look super amazing.

I’ve met them both at C2E2! Loved Joelle’s work on the Bat/Cat desert adventure with Tom King, and Artgerm’s Catwoman covers are superb!

1 Like

Wow that’s so cool! They are so fun to meet right:) I totally agree with you @ManofSteelForever that’s some of their best work. Also, I definitely want Man of Steel 2 too!

1 Like

I don’t have any Joelle Jones favorites yet, but my favorite Artgerm pieces are his variant covers for the current Supergirl series. They capture Kara to a perfect degree, and then some.

3 Likes

Totally all good and that’s awesome; his Supergirl covers are out of this world. Kara is one of my favorite superheroes, so I’m glad DC got one of the best to design them. You’re right @Vroom those really show off his super skill.

3 Likes