Jim Lee Interview - THE Article On the Future of DC

I was just in the other thread to discuss, but then the article and this thread happen. DCU lives, but I wonder what changes will be happening.

1 Like

As long as I can still continue my Injustice binge, Iā€™m good.

Iā€™d still like DCU to keep some video content, though. Itā€™d be nice to keep the animated shows.

I hope they will change DCU to be 6 months behind the new comics like marvel unlimited since they are taking video programming away from us.

6 Likes

In a way itā€™s kind of a relief as now the arguments about this will stop. Yea, youā€™re gonna have the naysayers patting themselves on the back but at the same time itā€™s not a total victory for them as the app will still survive and so will these forums.

Itā€™s not the best news but itā€™s certainly not the death sentence certain people were hoping for

4 Likes

Remember, Applejack posted in office hours on Tuesday, that, yes, there would be changes, but that the service would be sticking around. It is reassuring to hear it from a different source though.

5 Likes

She posted well before this basically the same thing as well, like mid-July or so. It is nice to see it reiterated that nothing has changed recently.

4 Likes

After 2 years of countless rumors and uncertain futures. Jim Lee of DC Comics finally sheds some light about the future of DC Universe. and from the interview it isnt all doom and bad but it isnt very clear. here is a link to the article

for those whoi dont wanna read the whole thing. here are the cliff notes

1. DC Universe isnt gonna be shutdown or migrated into HBO Max as of the for seeable future
  2. DCU originals will migrate over to HBO Max. we new this already because Doom patrol seasons 1 and 2 are on HBO Max, Harley Quinn Stargirl are also on there.
  3. DC Universe will be in his words ā€œTransformedā€ but it isnt going anywhere. my thoughts on those words is DC Universe will likely be primary a comic book serivce with some video contents mostly older titles as secondary things plus the community. another reason i think itll be more comicbook oriented is his chocie of word. he said they have a backlist of 20,000 to 25,000 titles. backlsit is a word common used with books and e books.

this is the first real piece of information we fans of DC Universe have gotten from the big players at DC. and hopefully this calms a few nervouse minds.

4 Likes

Iā€™m a bit screwed since I canā€™t get HBOMAX

1 Like

I saw this interview with Jim Lee in the Hollywood reporter that might calm down some peoples fearsā€¦ or not but hey, at least I tried.

6 Likes

We been discussing this since the morning, mods may take down your post as there many post about this already

1 Like

a.

6 Likes

I was hoping this is the case, this place can be filled comics and animation and I can be a happy person in these awful times.

2 Likes

Why not?

My only question is does that mean YJ is getting moved to HBO or getting cancelled??? Thatā€™s literally all I care about. YJ is what I signed up for. Without it I wonā€™t have much reason to stay except the community and DGFC.

Per Multiple sources, Syfywire,Nerdist,Screenrant,CBR, etc. Jim lee has given Confirmation that DCU original series are Transitioning to HBO max. And the plans are to keep DCU for comics and Community. This update is all Iā€™m aware of at this time Hopefully we will Hear more During FanDome

1 Like

Kinda figured this is what was going to happen.

1 Like

At least this should appease the vast majority of those who thought of the original content as a Bonus and they have the option now to do 30 days at a time Binges if they do not want Full yearly subscription to max

1 Like

I just wanna know what happening to YJ. Thatā€™s literally all I care about. Itā€™s the reason I signed up and the reason I stayed since all the old stuff Iā€™ve seen 1000 times and the other originals suck imo. I mean now I have the DGFC but thatā€™s it.

I strictly joined because they bolstered their comics library so that is OK with me. I now wonder if DCU can someone get cheaper with the removal of DCU Originals or if the price will remain the same.

1 Like

Well I imagine itā€™d be in the same Ballpark of comixology or Marvel unlimited