Jared Leto to Play Joker in Zack Snyder's 'Justice League'

:hugs:

3 Likes

Well, this is what Snyder said on Twitter when he showed off that preview photo of Joker:

This gives me a vibe that while we’ll see some of what Leto and Ayer did previously, there’s also going to be some of his own interpretation as well.

I just hope that this is the most they tease with Joker. I mean, we’ve already been spoiled on what Darkseid will look like with the licensed T-shirts, let’s have at least a LITTLE mystery for March 18th. We only have six weeks until the movie is out, I can wait. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ll admit, I don’t have Twitter so I did actually miss that. I do agree that Snyder will stop giving teasers or announcements over what to expect because yeah, we do need to have surprises and such. Because let’s be honest, most movies only give enough details in their trailers and nothing more, but I do suppose that the Snyder Cut is not like most movies, but still.

3 Likes

Yeah, because of how things initially went, and stuff Snyder has said and shown in the past, I and many others who were following this stuff fairly closely know how the movie ends, more or less. But for me, the fun will be seeing how we get there, as well as how it’s executed.

Oh, and since I posted that, here’s Ayer’s reply:

Just so nice to see the positivity flow. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is nice, as much as I love the comic community, I wish we had more of it a lot.

1 Like

the teaser came out two days ago of the new look

2 Likes

love it

1 Like

Nailed it :joker_hv_1:

1 Like

I completely agree! Bring on the Multiverse! :00_dc_2016:

1 Like

You’ve nailed it with that super cool Matches avatar @Matches-Malone. Very cool indeed. :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

Heck yeah! Thank you! I really like your avatar as well! :0_batgirl:
I look forward to more of your awesome insight!

1 Like

5 Likes

Okay, please tell me I’m not the only one who actually likes this version of Leto’s version. To me, this makes more sense of the Joker vs. the gangbanger from Suicide Squad (which I don’t entirely hate either) but this is a Joker that I can see existing. Hell, I’ll take it a step further and say that I could see Pattinson’s Batman fighting a Joker that looked like this (not saying that Joker should be in the movie, but I can see that universe’s version of the Joker if there is one). I think this is the second chance that Leto deserves to have.

Also, judging by the fact that the forehead tattoo is gone, his appearance might be a flashback scene. Just my theory though.

5 Likes

I dig it.

2 Likes

Thank you sir! :smiley: :+1:

BG DCSHG

3 Likes

Not necessarily- knowing Joker, the tattoos we saw were fake.

3 Likes

Hmm. His clothing is intriguing. Now, of course, I don’t have any insight into what Snyder tasked his costume designers with as far as character looks are concerned so I’m gonna’ just think out loud here and say that what the Joker’s wearing in this image doesn’t strike me as something an Arkham inmate would wear. Plus the material looks a bit worn, almost as if he’s been in a fight of some kind or has been fighting. He also appears to be less than his usual maniacal mirthful self in this shot. He appears to be under duress. Is he being held somewhere against his will maybe? The length of his hair seems to indicate a look of some kind of long term of time in captivity. Has he been kidnapped? And if so, by whom?

Ps- Thx so much for posting these images @TheTerrificToyman. :+1:

4 Likes

I’m a little disappointed that they showed it already – I was ready for this to be a surprise when I sit down to watch it.

This look is…okay. It honestly strikes me as kind of…conservative? Like they were worried about freaking out people like they did last time and said “just give him some baggy clothes and cake him in Heath Ledger make-up.”

Considering where he is from everything said so far, his appearance was likely going to be in the post-apocalyptic “Knightmare” timeline, so I was expecting something far more over the top, something along the lines of a Mad Max or something.

3 Likes

Agreed @Jay_Kay. Too soon.

3 Likes

So apparently this came out of an article on Vanity Fair which gave a little more context. It mentioned that not only will Joker have more costumes through the movie, he actually has multiple scenes, which was surprising. Either his story is interspersed throughout the movie, or that sequence is way longer than we thought.

4 Likes