Jared Leto to Play Joker in Zack Snyder's 'Justice League'

I mean, I saw him get shot in the head and come out the other side fine and dandy (albeit with an annoying new personality). My imagination can go far to allow him to live.

5 Likes

Seriously, if you think about it, not having Dick Grayson is a bad decision for multiple reasons. 1, if they want an audience that is going to watch and stick around, you gotta give them what they like, and everyone knows that Dick has quite the fan base. It could also introduce more people to Nightwing, which could lead to comics, hopefully other Robinsā€¦ (Iā€™m passionate about my Robins). What about Barbara? Or Starfire? Again, more opportunities for future projects and a bunch of stories that us fans want, and a way to introduce new people into comics. I could go on and on but, I think you get where this goes. Dick Grayson could have been a great character to bring in. Maybe theyā€™ll pull a ā€œoh we thought he died but we were wroooong?ā€ Its comics, death is a complex ruleset.

5 Likes

:raised_hands:t4: Nuff said

4 Likes

Just want to point out that while Zack Snyder envisioned Grayson as the dead Robin, there is literally no reason they have to stay with that vision. Unless theyā€™re releasing an Ayer-cut of SS and that info is vital to the story, they havent yet conveyed that idea to the audience in any story.

I also think ZS knows Dick Grayson is the most well known Robin and his death would have more impact than if it were Jason Todd. People are familiar with Robin, not necessarily the long comic book lore of the mantle.

8 Likes

Happy to see Leto get another shot and add to this version. Itā€™s clear now that the studio chopped up a lot of his part in suicide Squad. Iā€™m pretty stoked to see this 4 hour epic on HBOMAX.

6 Likes

Iā€™m happy for those who liked his Joker, but Iā€™d say the voice of my favorite Joker perfectly sums up my feelings on this.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Iā€™m surprised with this move. I think Jared will do a great Joker under Zack Snyderā€™s direction!

6 Likes

Now Deathstroke is gonna be in this??? https://collider.com/justice-league-snyder-cut-joe-manganiello-deathstroke/

8 Likes

Iā€™m back at Joker killing Dick. Deathstroke is a Robin villain. Having him in thisā€¦ Such a good villain, but he canā€™t be the focus of this and if thereā€™s gonna be no Robin no Titansā€¦ Iā€™m justā€¦ Help. I have no idea what this going to be now. Is this gonna be the first season of a TV show but with movie stars?

Iā€™m still excited, Iā€™m just so confused.

6 Likes

@kiarrasayshi- @Zombedy has some intriguing insights on your take:

5 Likes

Yeah I saw that. @Zombedy makes a great point, and Iā€™d love for them to go down that route. Im feeling now though that is just gonna be a big squished down version of Snyderā€™s whole grand plan for his universe since this isnā€™t really going to affect the films very much. Maybe theyā€™re reference some things for is super fans, but it seems theyā€™re moving away from a strictly shared universe. And so that makes me think Snyder will stick with his original vision of a dead Dick Grayson.

However, this also just makes me really concerned that theyā€™re putting way too much into this. How are they going to have such fantastic villains like Joker, Deathstroke and DARKSEID, all on one miniseries? Iā€™m excited to see them all, but I really hope itā€™s not just little cameos because Deathstroke and Joker are too good for that.

Iā€™m an optimist at heart, so Iā€™m gonna hope this is all leading to some awesome reveal that is even more amazing content, I just canā€™t figure it out. But I guess thatā€™s a good thing! Itā€™s nice to be surprised by things when you watch it the first time instead of just guessing everything that happens months before weā€™ve seen it.

6 Likes

Considering it is reportedly a one-week shoot, they canā€™t be making massive extensions to the story. Joker probably gets a couple scenes, and maybe a couple instances of him lurking around the corner at the end of someone elseā€™s scene. For Slade, they have existing footage and dialogue with Deathstroke. It was intended to pave the way for him as a villian in an Affleck bat film, so that footage must open things up for more scenes with him. With his face hidden as Deathstroke, they donā€™t even require Joe M. on set to shoot more action scenes with him. Unless the new Slade material all takes place after the post-credits yacht scene, itā€™d still need to somehow fit in with the existing filmā€™s plot, and the plot weā€™re familar with has no need for the Joker or Deathstroke character. They can do a bit with Darkseid, since he seems to be CGI, but who is he going to interact with? The original film would have only used him briefly. Possibly the final fight could suddenly be both Steppenwolf and Darkseid instead of only Steppenwolf, but I would guess thatā€™s more complex than they have time to do.

5 Likes

You know what, Iā€™ll give it a shot. My problem with Suicide squad was it was like a bunch of music videos ran back to back. I really didnā€™t have a problem with any of the characters (I thought Crocs make up could have been better I suppose). So seeing Letoā€™s Joker actually act out part of a movie night go along way.

6 Likes

It certainly seems like they donā€™t give Dick the spotlight he deserves! We all want to see him

2 Likes

As far as I can tell, the Nightwing movie is still in development. Chris McKay is directing.

2 Likes

I believe Jared Leto got caught up in trying to play a modern take of a psychotic mob boss; he lost the core of the character. I believe Leto has the potential to play an excellent Joker; they need to go back to the roots of who the Joker is and then bring the nuance.

3 Likes

Plinkett Depressed ā€œOhā€.mp3

This does mean the long, desaturated Zack Snyder DCEU nightmare is in its twilight though, right?

2 Likes

Na, haters lost this oneā€¦

Iā€™m not a hater. I just like DC comics and I like good movies, Iā€™d like the two to meet more often.

Snyderā€™s MOS and BVS and Ayersā€™ SS were an order of magnitude worse than Batman & Robin and Steel; at least the directors of those never insulted their critics. Thereā€™s no reason to watch those films. Theyā€™re bad movies and bad DC adaptations.