James Gunn's New Superman Suit Revealed!

In a social media post from this morning, James Gunn revealed the first look at his new Superman suit!

With next year’s Superman film release quickly approaching, we want to know what YOU think about the new suit. Let us know in the thread below!

Check out the DC Comics post here: https://twitter.com/DCOfficial/status/1787516112935989307

27 Likes

Zooming in, it almost look like he’s wearing a red trunk! YES! Thankyou James Gunn! Now that’s Superman. :smiley::+1:

16 Likes

I can’t wait for this movie. Better not disappoint

12 Likes

It looks great! And I am glad he’s wearing the briefs. Superman never looked right to me without them.

12 Likes

Along with the trunks I like they kept volume to his hair; the S curl on the side there :kissing_heart: :ok_hand:

Great Boot design and color to the reds & blues. Nice emblem size.

The Superman collar similarly to The Flash chin-strap I like in certain media and dislike in others. I’m neutral on it with the pic as opposed to disliking it like I do in animations + comics. They didn’t make it too high at least and it’ll probably grow on me like The Batman movies collar.

I’m ready for this movie :triumph:

12 Likes

1hOB

I love it

12 Likes

There’s stuff I like here. I really like the vibe that this photo brings, like a casual/natural “gotta get ready for work” feel that feels interesting. It feels more homemade than I was expecting – like I wouldn’t expect Superman’s suit to bunch up quite like that.

I’m gonna say it – I’m not a fan of the trunks coming back. I get that there needs to be something to break up all the blue but there have been many cases of other things working much better than forcing some undies on him.

13 Likes

Looks nice. Definitely want to see it in movement before a fully judge but looks good. More curious what’s going on in the background :thinking:

13 Likes

Agree with you on all counts. Like the casual feel, less than perfect fit. And I’m more a fan of the “belt” than the trunks.

11 Likes

I like the look of the suit. I’ll be interested to see more!

14 Likes

Me likey veddy much!

8 Likes

Love it. I’m ready.

8 Likes

Can’t wait to see the movie!

10 Likes

It’s a little different than I was expecting but I like it. I’m really looking forward to this movie and hope its uplifting.

9 Likes

Looks good but the lines are taking it down a bit

11 Likes

Let’s remember one thing. This is how some us felt when Matt Reeves first revealed The Batman suit. Some of thought it was “eh”, but then we saw the film. It could be the same case with Superman. Besides, I think the wrinkles and the suit bunching up in certain places won’t be as evident as it is here. Maybe CG will cover it up a little

10 Likes

Exactly. A mixture of lighting and CG will make the suit look a lot better. But even then I still think it looks really good.

8 Likes

It’s, uh, okay, I guess. My first impression is that it’s not doing much to distinguish itself from the cinematic Supes suit we’ve had since 2013. I really don’t need so much texture on my Man of Tomorrow. Keep it simple.

The film did not do anything to sway my opinion of that awful suit.

8 Likes

I honestly expected more since Warner Discovery canceled Superman & Lois. It just looks like the suit from that tv show with the same CGI.

6 Likes

I guess that’s why they canceled it because they didn’t want to compete with the tv show or be compared to it… :thinking::person_shrugging:

6 Likes