iZombie - TV Show

Just started watching iZombie (it’s streaming on Netflix) and loved the pilot episode. The way they incorporated comic book elements made it feel like a comic book come to life (pardon the pun), the lead actress is gorgeous, the supporting cast is great and this looks like a show that’ll be a lot of fun.

I’ve never read the comic so I have no idea how accurate it is but I’m guessing not very other than the broad strokes. If you’ve read the comic and seen the show let me know if that’s accurate or not.

6 Likes

I really liked the mystery of the week format, and am very bummed that it got tangled in the myth arc that I found much less interesting. So I’ve not watched more than the first two seasons, sadly. :frowning:

5 Likes

The series got me interested in the comic, read them, the series has a better plot (at least in S1 and S2)

5 Likes

I’ve seen random episodes of the first couple seasons and enjoyed it. I have been meaning to go back and watch it all the way through, it was pretty fun overall.

1 Like

When I first started watching iZombie, I absolutely fell in love and had to binge it. Very fun ride!

2 Likes

There is almost no correlation between the iZombie comics and the iZombie television series apart from the name and general premise/conceit (zombie girl sees visions of people’s lives after consuming their brains).

The show is still great, though, and it will always irk me that Seasons 4 and 5 were never released for home media.

2 Likes

Just watched the second episode of season one (I’m not a binge guy, I watch one episode a day) and this show is fantastic. It’s a police procedural with zombies, a great cast of regulars, legitimately funny lines and scenes and enough gore/violence/crime to keep it edgy. This show is fantastic (did I say that already?) and I’m glad I finally discovered it.

2 Likes

It’s such a great show!!!

2 Likes

What do you make of Blaine?

Had to look up who Blaine is because I’m bad with names but yeah - he’s going to be awesome. At first I thought he might be the love interest since they’re the only two zombies and could get after it without fear of infecting or killing the other but then, after his move at the bar and his follow-up visit with that cougar…he’s going to be a great villain.

1 Like

Not gonna spoil anything, but iZombie constantly plays with the viewer’s sense of what is going on and who is aligned with and against whom, and goes in some really interesting and unexpected directions narratively.

2 Likes

Did you see more episodes?

I don’t want to spoil anything for the show, but really enjoy the series. As already mentioned by others, it strays far from the comic source, moreso over time, but is enjoyable as its own entity. Definitely enjoyed the crime-of-the-week – and moreso Liv’s rotating personality-of-the-week – more than the constantly escalating ongoing arc, but enjoyed the ride all the same.

A few random, disconnected thoughts:

1. My absolutely favorite cheesy character name reference is Dale Bozzio. So corny, but so perfect.
  2. If you like Rose McIver, check out the US adaptation of Ghosts (on Paramount+).
  3. If you didn’t already recognize them, Malcolm Goodwin (Babineaux) is one of the two primary supporting leads in season one of Reacher (Prime), and Rahul Kohli (Ravi) is both the voice of Scarecrow in Harley Quinn and a two-time guest star on Supergirl as Jack Spheer, Lena’s ex. Both will be in the upcoming Netflix adaptation of Fall of the House of Usher. (…with Henry Thomas (Dr. Mid-Nite in Stargirl), Carla Gugino (Silk Spectre in Watchmen), Carl Lumbly (M’yrnn J’onzz in Supergirl and many cartoon voices including J’onn J’onzz in the Justice League and Static Shock, and M’aatt M’orzz in Young Justice…), Bruce Greenwood (Batman when its not Kevin Conroy), and some guy named Mark Hamill.)
3 Likes

Was also a Power Ranger

2 Likes

:astonished: :rofl:

1 Like

I have become a big Rose McIver fan by watching this show. She’s delightful.

2 Likes

I Watched izombie the T.V. Show!
Never Ever Read the Comic Book!
Big Fan of the Show!

I Must Admit!
When I First Heard About the Show!
I Felt That I Would Hate It!
I’am Not A Big Fan of Zombies!

Then, I Watched the Show and I Liked It!
Very Funny and Scary!

2 Likes

Glad you gave it a chance and liked it! I’m with you on all of that - not a fan of the zombie genre but I like this show a lot!

What season are you on and what have been your favorite twists?

1 Like

I’m just finishing season one now (I watch an epsiode a week - kind of my Sunday night show) and I can’t believe how much goodness they have packed into these 13 episodes. Everything with Blaine, everything with the boyfriend that came and went, everything with the rats, the visions and different characters each week - love it. All of it. This show is fantastic fun every episode.

1 Like