Is zack directing any of the upcoming DC movies? I hope not

Although the Characters first appear in his JL movie, both WW and Aquaman are great movies.Both films directed by someone other then Zack. I don’t Zack should be directing every DC movie, i did enjoy his take on Superman but everything else has been subpart.

7 Likes

He didn’t even watch justice league bc it wasn’t his vision (thanks joss, smh). Bvs and Mos are gold in an era where comic book movies are watered down for the general public. We would be lucky to see him work on future projects. (BTW, he cast gal, heard, and mamoa and plenty others) people hate what they don’t understand…

5 Likes

Word is he’s done with DC WB. At least for now. Personally, I think it’s a good move. They need to bring in more directors. So far the films he hasn’t been too involved with have been the best. He was a producer and contributed to the story of Wonder Woman, and had even less to do with Aquaman.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree I hope he doesn’t direct any more dcu movies

4 Likes

Yup he’s done

1 Like

I don’t care what the rotten critics say. Zack Snyder is an amazing director and he makes excellent movies. If he makes more DC movies, that’d be awesome news to me.

6 Likes

If Zach gave us nothing else, he pretty much hand-picked the cast, which is absolutely perfect IMO, even the ones that didn’t seem so perfect when initially announced.
I feel like we could have had a great story told over 4 movies if he had been allowed to complete his vision, although the tone obviously wasn’t for everyone and WB basically had no choice but to yank him, and that decision seems to be paying off.

4 Likes

It’s so fashionable to hate on Zack Snyder these days. The man may not be a great story teller, but he knows how to create spectacle. His DCEU movies may not have been great, but they were beautiful to look at.

5 Likes

Is he directing any upcoming DC movies? I don’t know, but I’m on his side if he does.

6 Likes

He’s incredible. He helped make Wonder Woman by advising Patty, casting Gadot, and writing the story

3 Likes

I think Zack Snyder is a great Director!

6 Likes

Lacienza…you are off my 2019 Christmas list.

3 Likes

If I had to pick between Zack Snyder or Michael Bay for a better director, I would pick Zack Snyder.

2 Likes

The guy was the worst storyteller; I’ve never seen a filmmaker worse at how and when to use slow motion in a film.

4 Likes

Reaganfan78 - and that isn’t saying much. :smiley:

My opinion is that MoS presents an awful version of Superman. I don’t like how flat affect Cavill was, but I’m willing to blame that on Snyder rather than Cavill, who isn’t too bad in JL. MoS was sort of grim-dark without much purpose, and the dark filter was awful. I’d love to have a WW visits Metropolis scene where she wonders aloud why every color suddenly seems 10 shades dimmer. BvS made MoS look really good by comparison, because it is atrocious. JL is barely acceptable - Justice League: War is simply better in terms of characterization and story telling. WW and Aquaman were very, very good. If someone asked me, I’d find a way to flashpoint MOS and BvS out of existence, and swap in new actors for those roles while I was at it.

5 Likes

Without zack there would be no aquaman . He makes you think in his movies . The Legendary " Zack Snyder"

2 Likes

I would like to see Michael Bay do a DC movie. He’s made some bad movies but his good ones are very good (The Rock, The Island, the first Transformers, etc).

2 Likes

Loved his casting.

His vision of Superman, not so much.

@Princealfe, that’s true :+1:

2 Likes

I love all of Snyder’s imagery, fight scenes and tone in the movies. The problems tend to be some of the writing, the whole save Martha scene really killed B vs S. And batman killing is a real problem also.

1 Like