is titans any good

hey guys i was just curious what people thought of titans. i will watch it sooner or later i have been putting it off because not to be rude but god it looks like garage. seems like another messy live action cash grab but like i said im just curious what people who have seen it thought. i also dont mind spoilers be as in details or as blunt as you please. at the end of the day i am still going to watch it even if everyone says its crap nor am i going to rush to watch it if everyone tells me its amazing.

thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Watch it and decide for yourself. At least check out the first episode and don’t worry about other opinions

2 Likes

I think it’s really good

2 Likes

Started off really good but the last finale fell short could have left us with better but I’ll still watch it next season.

1 Like

It is written for adults. If you are expecting Teen Titans Go or Super Friends mood or setting you won’t like it. Those who don’t like it would be advised to watch Krypto Superdog when it arrives in 2019.

2 Likes

just so people understand this isnt me asking for your opinion to see if i should watch the show no i was just curious what people think i have always loved hearing what others think even if i strongly disagree ( cough cough wonder woman and man of steel was crap and i enjoyed batman v superman ) but i am asking simply because i dont use social media or watch YouTube videos and people i know in the real world dont read or watch comic related stuff so i was just wondering what other people thought about it …more of a friendly discussion then a needing others inputs :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Titans is amazing! The whole season was impressive. DC Universe has put an updated twist to the Titans’ story line that is sure to captivate even those who are not familiar with the team. Season 1, Episode 1 is truly exciting. Like most first episodes of shows, it is designed to grab your interest. however, Titans doesn’t disappoint after that. Every episode appeals to the watcher.There may be some episodes that may not seem as interesting from the title, but once you watch it, you’ll be surprised at how it unfolds. I can’t wait until the second season premiers. I encourage you to check out the first season. I’ll bet you’ll see something that you’ll enjoy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@abfgmsw like i said just curious on what people thought i have no plans on watching it anytime soon similar to if a friend went to see a movie you have no plan on watching yet you still ask oh how was it i recently heard season 1 ended so out of curiosity i am asking what people throught. i personally dont trust places like ign nor do i watch YouTube reviews so i thought i would ask on here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@abfgmsw to be honest i have never been a big fan of live action adaptations nothing against the idea of them they just never been that great in my experience they are less smallville more gotham :frowning: messy and feel more like agent of sheild in the scene of HEY look its apart of the mcu go watch it instead of hey we have a cool story to share hope you enjoy :smiley: as far as titan in general it seems all over the place (granted i haven’t seen it just heard bits and pieces the last few days ) i am not going in to it with high hopes looks a bit cheese (nothing wrong with that) but i am usually easy to please so once i have some more free time i do plan on checking it out BUT its not something i plan on clearing my schedule for lol

1 Like

Watch the first 2 episodes then decide.

I think it’s fantastic, as an avid comics reader, I don’t understand all the hate. You’ve got to learn to appreciate the differences between the 2 or you’ll never like any live action adaptations.

2 Likes

@thedoctorbrody yeah I’ve had to learn that the hard way over the last few years I’ve had to learn most live action adaptations are more batman and Robin (90s movie) then the dark Knight thats why i started reading more comics I’ve learned if you only watch the movies and tv shows you expect every adaptation to be just as great as the greatest one but once you start reading comics you no longer relay on the big screen version after that you start to appreciate even the worst ones like man of steel i hated that movie for years after i read the comics i still think its bad but I’ve warmed up to it and even appreciate the crap filled flim lol

1 Like

@abfgmsw that gotham comparison is EXACTLY how i feel about titans (first impressions of trailers and details ive heard ) it feels like how gotham was always throwing all these big details at you thinking they are important which they could have been but only to throw them away or to low ball them half way through because there so much they want to do and so little time. with smallville i loved how they didn’t throw so much at you at once yet small detail later felt important due to plot development seeing how far some characters has come with the exception of the last season whitch KILL every character development at that point went from 90% developed to 10% as if you were back at season 1 as if everything you learned was point less. one more point that is worth talking about is shows like gotham and the flash they feel very episodic while shows like smallville and season 1 and 2 of arrow were some what episodic but it flows so neutrality that you forget they are but with some shows it feels like a old 80s cop show where every episode feels unimportant

@jimmy100899 I appreciate the Smallville side of entertainment than the Gotham side. With that said, I still watch Gotham and now Titans. There certainly are things done in Titans that are cringeworthy. I am not very happy with the portrayal of Dick Grayson and I feel like it will be leading towards bad writing, i.e. going to two extremes just to show an example. There are several points I can make here but will refrain.

In general, I tend to take a back seat and enjoy watching the story unfold. Season one isn’t really concluded IMO. Until the end of Season two or at its midpoint, I don’t feel like the series should be judged as it has a ways still to go. Is it disjointed? Honestly, the second Dove and Hank flashback episode was really out of place IMO. I do wish that they would have segues intervals rather than taking up an entire episode. The show isn’t perfect but still remains to be a fun ride. I am truly enjoying seeing the Titans in action.

2 Likes

Just watch it and decide for yourself. I don’t really like it but I am going to continue to watch it and hope it gets better. The dialogue, acting, and writing is pretty bad as well as the cgi. It’s pretty bland

2 Likes

@nocutename yeah if i have learned anything is that most shows work like this heres 1 amazing episode now here three bad to average episodes i have stop watching shows like gotham and the arrowverse and decided to just wait for Netflix to get them and watch a season or “seasons” at a time just so you can enjoy the good stuff faster slimmair to what im doing with titans wait and put it off until you have anything better to do and watch it all in 2 or 3 sittings and go in to it understanding its going to be bad to average and appreciate it for what it is and not what it could’ve or should’ve been like today im sick in bed and more than likely going to be out of commission for the next 48 hours so guess i will have to watch it now lol

hello everyone i just wanted to thank everyone who left a reply i appreciate everyones input i am saddly sick with a cold so im more than likely out of commission for the next 48 hours so i plan to watch titans sooner than i thought. will watch it today again thank you had some great discussion and appreciate your time have a good day and happy holidays

1 Like

It depends on your point of view; production values and acting are well done. I think it’s horrible, but it has to do with my view on how the Teen Titans should be represented. If you prefer an adult version with gratuitous violence, then this one might be for you. I restate I hated it, but that is not a statement of the overall quality of the show. That you must decide for yourself.

1 Like

The season was good, but had no ending to the arc due to them not releasing episode 12

2 Likes

@jeffbg51 thats fair im watching ep 1 now alot darker but more realistic i feel but to be honest i do perfer a more campy light hearted teen titans like in the comics or teen titan 03 i think the judas contract is as dark as it should get. i do have to say so far im oddly enjoying my time with it but i fully understand why people like your self would dislike or even hate it :slight_smile:

2 Likes