Is this going to be a norm?

Batwing issue #2 - 3 are skipped while issue #0 - 1 and 4 - 34 are available. I asked customer service and was told those 2 comics were “limited time during the Batman week”. So two comics were limited while are rest are not? What makes them 2 special?

I want DCU to do well but I get why there are a lot of ‘one and done’ subscribers here. Even I can’t defend the answer they gave me.

5 Likes

You can’t expect them to give you everything they have. They still need to make money. The way I’ve been using this service is as follows:

I’m trying to get through the New 52 and get to Rebirth by the end of next year. This is a long and EXPENSIVE endeavor. I often wait for sales on Comixology, dumping up to $60 on discounted volumes. These might save me money in the long run, but dumping lump sums like the a couple of times a month can hurt me when I have bills and/or rent to pay, plus other comforts. So, before I buy anything on Comixology, I check to see if it’s here first. If the full volume IS available, I just saved $11.99 or $12.99. If say only half the volume is available, I still save money buy simply buying the remaining issues for half the price of the book. This service only costs $75 a year, and provides me a chance to save more money in addition to providing a platform for a brand that I love. I’d say that’s invaluable to a consumer like me.

3 Likes

If you want to read something before you buy it and the material you’re looking for isn’t here, try Hoopla. They have a ton of trades (and select singles, mostly the Sandman Universe stuff and Batman Damned #1) for free. Not everything, but there is alot of New 52 and Rebirth stuff available.

3 Likes

No complains here. I’m enjoying the app honestly. And I am subscribed to comixology also.

Based on my research, those 2 comics completes the story run. Unless there’s something special about it, I can’t figure out why those two were “limited” while the rest were not. It’s not making me want to buy those 2 issues. I am just confused on why it was left out. Its 2 comics and I can’t imagine DC would lose money if they shared it to complete the story arc. And its Batwing, not many people are going to comic book stores/comixology to buy those 2 issues.

I feel like DCU is hurting themselves more by doing this.

5 Likes

You’re right. Skipping 2 random issues out of 35 makes no sense.

5 Likes

Totally agree. I get that DC doesn’t want this app to negatively impact their trade sales but those are probably almost non-existent on a book like Batwing… I could be wrong but those might even be out of print at this point. It’s also super irritating that they miss books from the middle of a storyline. But at least you got a response. Still waiting for one about the issues of the Death of Superman that were missing.

3 Likes