Is the Penny Worth It?

Ah I understand. Okay I can agree than

Maddox, but nobody asked for a show about a dying chemistry teacher who cooks meth. Itā€™s up to the show to sell itself through quality etc.

2 Likes

Lmao! Ya know whatā€¦ You make a good point. BREAKIN BAD WAS LEGIT! awesome show

1 Like

They could do a show about a paper bag and a plastic chickenā€¦ But as long as it has good writing and a relatable charactersā€¦ Itā€™s doable

1 Like

I hope DC Universe gets the rights to this because Iā€™m not sure how many people will want to pay for epix just for Pennyworth

1 Like

I got Epix only because I got a promo offer from the cable company. Iā€™m not sure about watching this because it has the same problem that Gotham had. Nothing bad can happen to the star.

Iā€™m interested in seeing old Gotham if we get to Iā€™m not sure much about it

1 Like

Not sure about the tone or direction it will take.

Iā€™m currently watching Agent Peggy Carter. And besides the fact that Haley Atwell is absolutely breath-taking, the show was fairly watchable. Predictable, but watchable.

The reason I bring that up is because, maybe Pennyworth may take the same direction? <<< strictly speculation of course

Well, nothing physical can happen to the star. Unlike Gotham, this isnā€™t a network show. Plenty of excruciating emotional, pathological, and psychological torture could be applied.

Why doesnā€™t Alfred have family? He was a soldier, why did he decide to be a butler? Heā€™s very subordinate to his employer; why?

Weā€™ve always assumed it was love for Master Bruce or simple loyalty. But perhaps the man has some serious mental scars. Perhaps he ran away from his family, his country, his comrades in armsā€¦his past.

Intriguing, no?

Honestly, I doubt theyā€™ll go down the road I just laid out. I donā€™t think Epix is worth subscribing to for a miniseries. Personally, Iā€™m looking to cancel Netflix (theyā€™re too preachy, and they push the same shows too much). My family watches the hell out of Hulu (TV) and Amazon (films). And the comics make DCU a steal. But more than three services is hard to justify.

Iā€™m not particularly excited about the show. But itā€™s peaked my interest and itā€™s something that I would watch if it ever appears someplace

Iā€™m interested, but I might wait for DVD release

1 Like