Is “The Dark Knight Returns” Good?

Okay, so I watched a review from Salazar Knight who is an awesome You Tuber go check him out, and his review on The Dark Knight Returns showed some pros and cons for it. It isn’t really the best Batman comics for reasons as well and I decided is it good? Well I want to ask all of you Bat Fans what you think.

• It’s Good
  • It’s Mediocre
  • It’s Bad

0 voters

1 Like

You might be thinking of “The Dark Knight Rises”; “The Dark Knight Returns” is the Frank Miller book

3 Likes

Wait are we talking Dark Knight Rises or Returns? Rises is fine although compared to other Nolan movies it’s disappointing. Returns is great.

4 Likes

I like The Dark Knight Returns for the same reason I appreciate Picasso’s artwork. In both cases Frank Miller and Picasso are taking something that they understand and intentionally changing it to make something new. While I like Batman in The Dark Knight Returns, I don’t think he should be the template to model Batman from. This version of Batman has history, he has exterior factors that have made him the man he is in that book, so while it works as a progression of character I don’t think it represents who the character is at his core.

3 Likes

Heck yeah, it’s good :+1:

2 Likes

oh. my bad.

1 Like

I generally like the story. I like that it has the definitive showdown between Joker and Batman. Also it has one of the greatest lines in all of comics/media when Batman beats Superman down.

2 Likes

Frank Miller book

1 Like

I always thought it was a good book.
I mean, I didn’t read it until long after it was collected into trade-paperback form (I think it was in 1989 when I started buying up almost everything Bat-related)
I won’t say it’s the greatest Batman story ever told, but I will say it’s a solid read and worth your time.
It’s pretty dated given all the Cold War stuff and Ronald Reagan being featured in it the way he is but there’s a lot of stuff in it that really captures Batman’s essence. (too bad Zach Snyder only took the fight speech and used it instead of the one where he says…)

2 Likes