Is Swamp Thing a Hero, Neutral, or Villain

I’ve been reading several comics that Swamp Thing appears in. I wasn’t quite sure if I agree that he’s a hero, so I decided to leave it to the whole community.

Is Swamp Thing a Hero, Villain, or a Neutral Character
  • Hero
  • Villain
  • Neutral

0 voters

1 Like

I was just about to react to this in the Ivy vs Swampy thread, but:
:joy_cat:
I enjoyed that. I think he’s been portrayed as neutral or a hero in what I’ve seen. Much like the incidental nature of Nature itself.

3 Likes

To me he is a Guardian/Protector of the green and that’s all he cares about. I think we’ve seen times where he is neutral (Batman and Harley Quinn animation movie where he clearly didn’t help). He hates Constantine (even when he means well), and only engages when someone in the DC Universe can persuade him of the negative effects that might affect the green.

3 Likes

Nature is always neutral! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

poison ivy?

floronic man?

1 Like

I voted for “Villain” but only because MY STUPID FINGER SLIPPED!

Swamp Thing is a hero, through and through, less flashy, less diplomatic perhaps, but he’s a hero all the same.

2 Likes

@Nether-Lohengrin you can change your vote.

all you have to do is click “show vote” on the poll and then click on the option you want to pick

2 Likes

Thanks! I wish that had been clearer to me before, but it’s very good to know now! Off to change another poll where the same thing happened! Haha!

2 Likes

He’s a hero on my list! :st_swamp_thing2:

2 Likes