Is Supercorp Endgame?

This assertion is 100% false, because the series never once implied that Kara was anything other than CIS heterosexual.

1 Like

You underestimate my battime machine. Fire it up Robin.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not having this argument w/ you again

4 Likes

Kara and Lena clip
Including final episode

Spoiler

Final Words

3 Likes

There were a couple moments in the finale, and I think Lena said some of them to Kara, about being ‘your true self’ and ‘following your heart’ and it was right there. And they just let it pass by.

I get not wanting to upstage Alex and Kelley’s wedding but they had so many other places that it could have been put in. I still can’t believe we got a Lex love plot and not a Lena one. :woman_shrugging:

And, for the record, I hate un-necessary love plots and shipping. And I really wanted Supercorp to be real. But I am happy that they are at least friends at the end of the series.

5 Likes

The thing that really pisses me off is that these lines were basically lifted right from Alex’s coming out arc. Just another example of using something romantically for someone else but platonically for Supercorp :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Dear @arkhamassassin, you and I both know that Kara and Lena are totally married on another Earth, raising cute baybees and loving each other! :purple_heart:

6 Likes

The finale was also left open-ended enough, so we can even imagine that eventually happens on Earth-Prime. We deserved a lot more than that, but since we’re barely gonna get any more details on what happens to the Super Friends from here on out, it’s not like that’ll contradict anything

6 Likes

Despite all the frustration, the Supercorp fandom is once again taking an opportunity like this to raise money for The Trevor Project, which provides crisis support services to young LGBTQ+ people. It’s a great organization, so definitely check out the fundraiser when you get a chance!

4 Likes

“Due to the process of elimination, it was Lena or nothing.

And they chose nothing.”

5 Likes

Honestly, it was refreshing to have an Arrowverse lead not always be in a relationship with ‘Supergirl’. All the other shows, it was just always kind of annoying and over the top. (Except, Legends.) And for a female lead show, it was really nice. And it could have been a lot worse. It was nice that the show kind of gave up on men love interests after William. :laughing:

But, I think Lena and Kara would have worked well together and they did work well together. I didn’t need a season or three of them in a relationship. Honestly, a Korrasami style ending for them would have been great. Them holding hands together as Kelly and Alex drove off, or at game night in the last scene. It would have been sweet and just ambiguous enough to make everyone happy. Instead of the nothing that we got.

6 Likes

I partially agree, but it really only would’ve been legitimately empowering if she truly had no viable options so that they didn’t resort to forcing a love interest that didn’t feel earned. And like the article says, it’s especially out of place when all the other Super Friends end up having a romantic partner except Kara and Lena

5 Likes

Great observation. :grinning: :+1:t3:

2 Likes

So 1 of the Supergirl writers was just recently asked about Supercorp and the whole queerbaiting issue. While it is frustrating to see Faerber mostly avoid directly addressing the issue, 1 thing he doesn’t do is fully deny Supercorp and try to say this was all in the fans’ heads. It’s beyond clear the writers knew about SC and the fans’ desire for Kara and Lena to be together, and it’s likely a few of the writers over the course of the show wanted that to happen, but they were ultimately stopped at a higher level. Now whether Supercorp was halted by the showrunners, the CW, WB/DC, etc., we still don’t know, but there are a couple things that are clear. For one, even though the writers in general didn’t have the power to override their higher ups when it came to making SC happen, they still chose to continually write in romantic subtext/undertones between the 2 characters for years instead of making a more concerted effort to keep everything strictly platonic. If the latter had happened, we ultimately wouldn’t have gotten queerbaited just to keep a large section of the audience watching

It’s also clear that there’s simply no argument to be made that Supercorp is just the result of some deluded fans who have been making things up and just want everything and everyone to be gay. If you still don’t think it would’ve worked for the story/characters for SC to happen, that’s your opinion and you have every right to it (though I’m still gonna disagree w/ it). But there’s a distinct difference between not agreeing w/ SC and saying that it has absolutely no validity just because we didn’t get anything explicitly romantic between Kara and Lena such as a kiss, confession of romantic love, etc. I just hope that as more material like this comes out in the wake of the show’s ending, the more people can see the complexities and realize that there’s so much more to this than just your typical online ship

5 Likes

Co-signed

#Canon

6 Likes

Like others have said, the comment about them “never happening” was a comment backed largely by Jeremy Jordan at SDCC almost five years ago. While the show has ended, the argument of the nature of Kara and Lena’s relationship hasn’t.

To put things into perspective, if the dynamic of Kara and Lena’s relationship was between a man and a woman, there would be no question about there being romantic undertones. Heck, they probably would’ve become a canonical couple. I understand and respect your stance considering supercorp is not and likely will not be canonical, but the truth lies in social constructs. People view female relationships as being naturally affectionate and touchy. While this is sometimes true, it does not define ALL relationships between women.

Basically, the “girly” nature of female friendships that society has perpetuated leads many people to ignore homosexual subtext until they’re literally sucking each other’s faces off. This perpetuated idea obviously won’t be erased by what I or any other person may say, so like I’ve said, I respect and understand your stance on this topic.

9 Likes

Supercorp endgame makes for a perfect first comment. Welcome to the Community! :smiley:

7 Likes

Hell of a first post- welcome to the community!!

7 Likes

The relationship(s) fell largely to Alex. At least for the show as a whole. I was not expecting her to be gay, but I enjoyed watching her character develop.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m super stoked be here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes