Is Supercorp Endgame?

What? No, this is the first time I’m hearing about this, this is incredible! Thank you for sharing! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Can they be just very close friends? Sure. Women can have very close and intimate friendships, much more so than men usually. But if you haven’t seen the show, then at least watch the videos posted here and others on YouTube. Their chemistry and just how they glow when they’re cuddling together and lovingly starting into each others eyes, that goes a little beyond just friends, in my opinion. Friends can love each other, but these two love each other.

Honestly, I think it’s pretty obvious and ultimately, like the video I posted says, it’s up to each person. Unless the show makes it explicit, their relationship can be whatever we read into it.

1 Like

I see where you’re coming from @Pollster, but I don’t think you can really rely on the comics to dictate the ultimate direction of the CWVerse. I mean, look at Oliver Queen and Felicity.

4 Likes

Anyway if it DOESN’T happen then this show is ultimately going to have to reconcile with some serious queerbaiting issues, and I hope we don’t need to have that conversation

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more on both points. Oh, and happy DCU anniversary! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m sorry but why?

Two traditionally heterosexual character, who are only in heterosexual relationships on the show, whose actors say it will never happen.

I don’t know what else the show can do to convince people that Kara comforting Lena is not a sexual thing. The whole cast are literally screaming “they are just friends”. They have gone well and beyond to do their duty to explain the nature of Lenas and Karas relationship.

I’m all for people headcanoning whatever they want. But if you still think someone is going to hook up after the whole cast tells you OOC it isnt happening you can’t claim they baited you.

What else can they do to convince people? Should every episode start with a sign saying “Warning this show depicts two heterosexual characters who have a close emotional connection without looking to hookup. Viewer discretion is adviced.” Or is that completely forbidden? If you hug someone you need to become a thing? Is that a new rule? Is that what’s going on when you go out nowadays? Oh, you gave me that look, now you have to follow me home.

I’m sorry, I am wholly wholly for the media landscape drowning in gay, but no is a frigging no.

2 Likes

When was the last time this happened after SDCC '17? Ever since then, the cast has just been very accepting to the idea when they’ve been asked about it, though I know that’s also not the same as confirming it’s going to happen. I can’t remember hearing about a single instance of someone from the cast explicitly shooting it down since Jeremy Jordan did that song in an interview from a few years ago

1 Like

2 Likes

If for any reason changes I am sure we will find out, but for now they have said no. Last bid is no. We will have to make do with that. No doesn’t evolve to yes because of passage of time. It becomes a yes when it changes to a yes. We can’t blame the showrunners for people who never accepted “no”.

2 Likes

This is a long video but talks about the why pretty well:

3 Likes

I follow Adam, I have seen the video, I think he is a great reactor, but in this case my point stands. They have said no, if you want to venture into headcanon territory do that. Write fanfic, draw art, create your whole communityvwith a shared world. But don’t go after people who said no.

1 Like

No one’s going after anyone. Like he says, if Supercorp never becomes canon, that’s fine (that’s my headcanon anyway so I’ll always have it). But if the showrunners and writers are not going to make it canon, then don’t write and film Lena and Kara scenes in this super romantic way. There are lots of friendships on the show, and they’re filmed normally. But Supercorp scenes are often scored with romantic music, longing looks, mood lightning, and stuff like that.

The Supercorp ship didn’t come out of nowhere, after all.

2 Likes

My argument was against Question saying that there would have to be a discussion about queerbaiting. I’m saying no. They have been explicit about this.

And while you have been good here, as all the others on DCU. The cast is being harassed by SuperCorpers who wont accept no. The showrunners of Supergirl Radio are being harassed by SuperCorpers. I am running real low on patience when people are taking a headcanon out on real people, which is the cause of my firm response. I’m sorry if it came out rougher than needed but the taking headcanon out on showrunners needs to end.

3 Likes

If that’s happening, then that’s very not cool. I’m not aware of anything like that, I’m not part of any “group” other than the DCU here. All I am is a Supergirl fan who thinks Lena and Kara are indeed soulmates because of how the show itself portrays them. Will I be sad and cry if it never happens? Maybe. Will I actually vent to the people behind the show about it? Absolutely not, that’s creepy! I respect immensely everyone on Supergirl, Berlanti, and the CW in general, for what they have done for queer representation on TV.

4 Likes

I’m not gonna act like there aren’t toxic Supercorp shippers out there, but there’s a real misconception that this is the case for a lot/most of the fandom when it’s always been a vocal minority. Most Supercorp shippers I’ve encountered online are passionate but respectful about this ship, and even call out instances where some Supercorp fans engage in that kind of harassment. Those kind of actions are never OK and deserve to be called out, but you also can’t act like that kind of mentality applies to anywhere close to a majority of the Supercorp fandom

It doesn’t and Im sorry if I made it sound like that.

1 Like

But all the points Adam brings up in that video are really valid, don’t you agree? And how if Lena were a male character, then they would already be in a relationship together. I think that’s what makes me wish it were canon the most. The show has built this close intimate relationship over multiple seasons and there’s no payoff. Kara has had multiple romantic partners (as is common in soap opera type shows like this), but all other Arrowverse shows have one main love interest for their lead, except Supergirl.

2 Likes

There’s also this really well-written article that addresses the discrepancy between the cast/crew’s off-screen comments and what has actually been shown on screen

2 Likes

I personally think there has been a huge payoff. Their close relationship has been the plot for over a season. I would say perhaps even more payoff than her longest love interest.

Kara having a load of boyfriends that don’t pan out fits very well with her comic book origins. As does her close frenemyship with Lena.

I think the show is doing her comic origins justice pretty well.

1 Like

It’s my real life birthday! I think a slice of cake means a DCU anniversary and a whole cake means a real birthday.

3 Likes