Is Sideways coming back or is he cancelled for good?

I have been reading almost the entire new dc comic series. Surely it has been known to be called as a ‘Spider-Man rip-off’ or a straight up clone. I agree in certain ways but I liked the comic itself, heard the news that it will be cancelled made me wonder if he will shortly return but rebooted or retconned or will he be cancelled for good as if he didn’t existed in DC universe from the first place?

The solicitation for the final issue said his adventures would be finished, and I quote “…for now”. It sounds like he’ll come back after some dormancy.

I can kind of see the Spider-Man comparison, but it’s a stretch. He doesn’t open portals.

1 Like

While he doesn’t tear time and space to create a dimensional gate as he calls them ‘rifts’. What matters in this case of scenario is the story being told, it’s basically like they took the Ultimate Spider-Man comics and just replaced with DC characters. Like here’s the comparison.

Spider-Man is a young introverted kid that goes to high school who is getting bullied constantly by his personal bully Flash Thompson.
-Sideways is a young introverted kid that goes also at high school who is getting bullied constantly and has a blonde bully that looks like Flash Thompson but called ‘Freddy’ instead.

Spider-Man is adopted to be a parent figure to him like Uncle Ben and Aunt May.
-Sideways is also adopted to be a parent figure to him.

He has a friend who’s a girl that cares for him and knows his identity, Mary Jane Watson.
-Sideways also has that, just blond who’s Ernie.

Spider-Man is getting spyed and ‘chased’ by a huge company called Osborn Industries (or OSCORP) to further study his new found powers.
-Sideways’s story is exactly the same thing just a woman who’s interested in his ‘portal creation’ ability.

Spider-Man was selfish and arrogant at the beginning and ran away from Uncle Ben who tried to talk him out, eventually got him killed at the night because of Spidey.
-Sideways was seflish and arrogant at the beginning and ran away from his adopted mother who tried talking him out who got herself killed because of him.

Spider-Man used his powers to earn a name for himself for the media.
-Sideways used his powers to earn a name for himself for the media as well by live-streaming.

Spider-Man learned to use his powers but use them responsibility.
-Sideways learned the same way and admited to Ernie in Issue #10 at Paris.

Spider-Man learns to become a hero.
-Sideways is doing the same ways.

I could list more but those comparison is enough to tell you it’s basically Spider-Man.