Is Knightfall good?

Should I buy Knightfall? I know it’s famous for bane breaking Batman’s back. But is it worth it?

Hell yeah it’s worth it it’s a must lol

1 Like

It’s a coin toss whether that or No Man’s Land are better.

Ok guys going to buy it!

Yes, it’s good but there are 4 story arcs. Prelude to Knightfall, Knightfall, Knightquest, and Knightsend. I dont know about you about buying just one feels incomplete.

I guess DCU comic catalog is working. Tease DC subscribers with few incomplete runs where they will eventually buy trade books. $$$. Good strategy DC. Lol.

2 Likes

You can just check out the 25th Anniversary Edition trades on Hoopla for free too if you want to try it before you buy it.

@Edot
Yep. A paid sales portal complete with teases to encourage sales. That seems to be the plan.

@Red_Hood
Knightfall is a great series. Others have said to buy it and I’ll throw my vote in with them. It is one of the Batman seminal story arcs, imho. Go for it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just read it this week and it really holds up. I have the 650 page version on comixology and I expected it to be confusing and boring like many of those old events are to me, but it has great pacing and great payoff. Highly recommended.

Its okay but to be honest storywise it shows its age much more then its contemporaries the Death of Superman and Emerald Twilight. The art fares a bit better as its really the last hurrah for the seventies/eighties blue and grey Batman.

1 Like

Definitely a must. Best batman story out there in my opinion

1 Like

The actual downfall I think was kind of in the middle – like, I don’t think Bane appears nearly as interesting or menacing as he does later on, and it really feels like some characters are beaten with stupid sticks to get the plot moving in the direction they want. That said, it does become more interesting once Bruce is broken and Jean-Paul takes over the role.

1 Like

Personally, I think it’s one of those books that is more of a significant moment in Batman’s history than a top-tier Batman story. I feel the same way about Death in the Family. If you know the main bullet points, there are other books I would read first.

I do like the Zsasz story. And the prequel to Knightfall, Vengeance of Bane, is really good.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree

Yes, buy it! My favorite Batman storyline and one of the best EVER!!!