Is Injustice Good for New Comic Readers?

True, Injustice is really the only good evil Superman in my opinion, but that’s going down a tangent. Those are actually two great first reads for new comic fans. Great recommendations.

3 Likes

For all seasons and American alien are 2 superman comics i plan on showing them so they know who superman really is.

3 Likes

You have stated your friend is really into Harley Quinn in the movies and TV shows. Instead of Injustice, I would introduce her to the Palmiotti/Conner Harley Quinn series as the movies and shows have heavily used that as source material for her.

3 Likes

I havent read that series, again like Suicide squad by Tom taylor, Birds of prey(Black Label) I guess I could tell her about it.

3 Likes

I hope so because it was my first comic series ever reading (also my favorite!)

2 Likes

A few Question, how well did you know dc before you read injustice?

Did injustice ruin your experience reading other dc comics?

2 Likes

I’ve always considered myself to be an expert when it comes to dc.

Not even close! Idk if it’s because I already knew Injustice wasn’t the typical story, but it inspired me to keep reading more comics, and to this day (granted it’s only been a few months) I have yet to read a comic I don’t like.

2 Likes

Can you see this @American-Alien ?

My laptop’s been glitching a lot, so I just want to make sure this went through…

2 Likes

I’m confused, you considered an expert when you read injustice? But you said injustice was your first comic series?

2 Likes

Oh that’s good to hear, hopefully my friends feel the same when we all read injustice together.

2 Likes

i still knew a lot about the comics

2 Likes

I don’t see why not. Injustice is a stand-alone story that doesn’t require knowledge of prior story arcs. It’s a fun story that’s well written and illustrated. I think almost everyone who is minimally tuned into pop culture knows that Superman is a good guy, and would be able to tell that this is a big “what if” story. With any luck, if they enjoy the format, they will look up more stuff based on the characters they liked.

3 Likes

@Jurisdiction fair enough

@moro mostly because it introduces the sinestro corp and red lanterns when in Geoff John’s run it was suppose some major bug reveal of “Holy ■■■■! There are more lantern corps!” And the fact that Superman and wonder woman are terrible in injustice.

2 Likes

Actually, Injustice’s Superman is my favorite version of Superman, because it shows the true risk in his presence.

2 Likes

Well yeah, like I said, your friend is probably savvy enough to figure out it’s an alternate take. And if they like GL concept enough in Injustice, they’ll probably look up John’s run and read some of it.

What I think of when recommending something, especially new readers:

• Do I like the story enough? I find that my enthusiasm for any particular recommendation tends to show & rub off a bit.
  • Will they understand it, without a ton of catch-up on prior material?
  • Do I think they will like it?

The idea is to get them engaged with comics. They can find their own way afterwards, or come to me or others for more recommendations.

3 Likes

It’s my least verison of superman because it represents everything he isn’t and shouldn’t be, but I do like how it shows superman is more dangerous than Batman.

Maybe, they don’t know about elseworlds(or what ifs)

Funny enough, after injustice I plan on showing my friends Geoff John’s Green lantern as well as berserk(Manga). we plan on reading them side by side.

Oh that’s funny, I think the same things as well. While I enjoyed Batman White Knight, harleen, and injustice they’re not my all time favorite series. Don’t get me wrong, I love them but I found Alan moore’s superman, Geoff John’s Green lantern, and New Krypton were way better.

I said why too much.

3 Likes

I can see that

2 Likes

Marvel did the basics of injustice better in the 80’s with Squardron Supreme.

3 Likes

we do not speak that name!

2 Likes

@Clonegeek18 you might might be the same person who recommended to me already, I do plan on reading it.

@Jurisdiction

We can’t say his name? D:

2 Likes