Is Dick Grayson Being Introduced in the Season Finale of Batwoman?

It could. It’s stopped them from using characters before. They had to stop using captain boomerang because he was in suicide squad.

2 Likes

^ This comment is incorrect.

Character access has not been determined by “embargos” for the last several years, but on a finite, case-by-case basis.

My apologies.

I don’t think you have anything to apologize for. You’re just saying that it could happen, and it is a possibility. Even if these kind of restrictions have been relaxed in the last couple years, it’s still a potential factor that could be in play. We just won’t know until Sunday

1 Like

The Suicide Squad characters appeared on Arrow and then disappeared because of the following factors:

1. The characters were expressly given to the show’s producers to use specifically as a ‘test’ to gauge their popularity ahead of the debut of the Suicide Squad film
  2. The series’ access to said characters was finite and temporary, and was never renewed ‘in bulk’ (they were allowed to reuse the characters of Bronze Tiger and Deadshot, but only on a limited basis).

We are not privy to the specific process by which character access is determined, but we do know that it is, as noted, done on a case-by-case basis and that whatever criteria may allow one series access to certain characters does not apply to any other property and that one property having access to certain characters does not preclude said characters from appearing elsewhere.

Also, @SuperBlueGrodd, you don’t have anything to apologize for. I also want you to know that I wasn’t trying to be harsh, but informative as to what the current policy of character access is and how it works.

1 Like

Thank you. I didn’t realize that they had relaxed on that recently. And your right, we don’t know until Sunday.

1 Like

I agree it sounds like either Dick Grayson or possibly Jason Todd… fingers crossed for Dick!

1 Like

The hero they’re bringing in has been confirmed to be an original character created exclusively for the Arrowverse and Batwoman, although I think said hero will be associated with the Azrael codename and legacy/lineage.

1 Like

If it were up to me, Dick Grayson would be my choice, and we would get a few clues as to what happened to Bruce.

2 Likes

So the reveal on the “former Gotham hero” was quite disappointing. The episode was great, but that synopsis was incredibly misleading.

3 Likes

some people think that the batwoman/ superman and lois crossover might address this.

1 Like

I get their thinking behind why Titan was a former hero, but it’s especially misleading to say that he returned when he’s been in Gotham the whole time, whether at Arkham or freed. I guess you can narrow it down to the football stadium, but either way, definitely not at all close to what most of us were expecting

2 Likes

You’re right, the stadium is definitely the ‘old stomping grounds’ the blurb references. And cities absolutely have sports heroes, but Gotham has actual superheroes (SO MANY OF THEM) so the whole description was a major cop out. Not a knock against the episode or the show, just against whoever wrote that synopsis.

3 Likes

I literally watched the whole episode, wondering when the “hero” was gonna be introduced. The synopsis was total malarky. Grumble :confounded: Quite the let down for the season finale. At least we got Bruce Wayne at the end. Well, sort of…

1 Like

I did the same, then when there was only a couple of minutes left I realized it wasn’t gonna be anyone any of us thought it was.

1 Like