Is DC pulling out of Comic Con due to virus?

I was on YouTube and the Nerd Report channel claims that Warner Bros. is pulling out of Comic Con due to the Coronavirus. I don’t know how reliable the information is. So, I ask, is DC going to be absent from Wonder Con and Comic Con this year? I really wanted to meet the DC Daily cast. I know safety is first, but it would still suck to not have DC there.

3 Likes

@Applejack can you confirm or deny this? Or is it just rumors?

2 Likes

@JQuinzelle @Behemoth You may want to check the specific cons websites. Emerald City Comic Con has a list of cancellations. It doesn’t list DC, but Newsarama does say DC is not attending. Newsarama also reported DC is pulling out of all cons during March. YMMV. Watch the skies!

https://www.emeraldcitycomiccon.com/About/Cancellations/?utm_source=cmv3-attendee-all&utm_campaign=Show-Info-03-12-2020&utm_medium=social&utm_term=SI

4 Likes

I’m not going to be able to attend anything. So I had no idea.

3 Likes

I’m not going to anything soon either. I’m sure there’s going to be all kinds of rumors in the coming months.

3 Likes

Oh yeah. That’s completely true. These days people pay more attention to DC than they do Marvel and I love it!

3 Likes

I think Jim lee said on social media that he wasn’t attending due to concerns.

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that there is no mention of Comic or Wonder Con cancelation confirmations from credible sources. There are reports that they pulled out of Emerald City, but not the California cons.

I think I’m going to unsubscribe from that channel. Don’t like being baited with rumors.

4 Likes

Seems like a sensible business decision on DC and other companies part. The Emerald City Comic Con will be rescheduled to a summer 2020 date. Refunds are being issued.

Official Source:
https://www.emeraldcitycomiccon.com/About/A-Statement-From-Reedpop/

4 Likes

Disappointing, but sensible. Health comes first.

4 Likes

Being on the East Coast, a few states have a state of emergency issued so this makes sense to me. I love comics but you cannot enjoy anything if you are sick!

2 Likes