Is DC Moving Towards Making Tim Drake Bisexual in Batman: Urban Legends #4?

So then how would you feel if DC decided Cyborg would be white from now on? or Stephanie brown was straight as a nail. Or if they decided that Superman is gonna transition to female and become a trans character? it just doesn’t make sense. Some things should be able to change yes, but that doesn’t mean every character has to change literally everything for whatever reason. Tim Drake has always been into women. there isn’t any reason to change that when there are already a ton of LGBT characters already.

1 Like

Confused.

Indifferent.

Supportive.

7 Likes

As a bisexual, I can confirm that you stay attracted to women once you come out.

Edit: and also, I can confirm there is not a lot of male bi representation in DC. Personally, I can name two male bi characters, and only really one of them has been shown as explicitly bi (Catman and Constantine). Tim Drake, being both one of my favorites and a long queer coded character, would be a nice addition to that group.

8 Likes

That’s an interesting question! I’m bi so I’m used to seeing characters as bi all the time, but I had to think for this one.

Bleez is definitely ace! and I can see Booster Gold, Captain Cold, or anyone you want! I’ll definitely be looking at it more when I read

I definitely wasn’t gonna say ace because I’m not gonna go and analyze the orientation of pets

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone really bought her attraction to Rankorr, anyway.

4 Likes

that was just compulsory heterosexuality at work

2 Likes

It’s more like discovering that he is lactose intolerant.

4 Likes

I thought she was just munipulating him,

2 Likes

Should I then feel guilty about all the bat milk I gave him (stress drinks an entire gallon of bat milk).

2 Likes

I really would love an Ace character somewhere. Anywhere. I’ll buy a Super book if it has an Ace character in it for more than two lines or a cameo. :laughing:

As for all the talk about Tim. Let him be who he is. :woman_shrugging: Same with every other character in the DCU and every other human in the real world. People are changing everyday, it makes sense that the art we consume does too.

6 Likes

What about 3 lines?

3 Likes

I’ll take 3 lines.

5 Likes

It’s more than has ever been given

3 Likes

Ditto @casasstrophe. It’s more than there ever have been. So, yes, I’d support that.

3 Likes

what?

1 Like

In other words, it’s a fairly minor detail that doesn’t fundamentally change his character.

4 Likes

I understand wanting representation, but why cant they just make a new character where being bi is apart of there character more than DC just being like “hey lets make Drake into a bi boi!”. I understand how you feel but at the same time, every DC character doesn’t have to be gay.

1 Like

Every DC character should be lgbt

5 Likes

It really does. I am not homophobic but I don’t want Tim to be BI, I just want him to be the same. It changes the entire story surrounding him and other characters involving his story. This is just DC looking for publicity because its pride month. There are already too many LGBT characters in the batfam. Not in DC because I understand there should be inclusivity in every (within reason) fandom. I don’t think every bat family member needs to be LGBT.

1 Like

How so? It doesn’t change any of the relationships he has already had. It doesn’t affect his decisions in any previous stories. It just means that he has found more people attractive than we initially thought. He’s still exactly the same person as before.

7 Likes