Is DC disappointing you?

Marvel has the movies for sure, but the DC animated movie universe trumps all Marvel animated series alone. So DC has all the animated movies and tv shows

1 Like

I’m a long time hardcore DC fangirl, but drifted away around the time the New 52 hit. I still read some, like Snyder’s Batman, but it all mostly took a back seat for me. Recently though, I’ve been back in force with Tom King’s run of Batman being some of my favorite comics to date. Yes, Marvel has been beating DC in the movie department, but there was a time when DC was the only player in the game on the big screen. I’m hoping they learn from their mistakes and come up with some films we can all enjoy. Until then, I have my DC comics, games, and animation.

DC lets me down all the time. But when things look bleakest, they totally come through and redeem themselves.

3 Likes

Their comics are a mixed bag at the moment, but that’s kind of the norm for DC and Marvel. Although Marvel has been crushing it lately, they have some GREAT series out now and a lot of variation. But both companies have ups and downs.

Marvel is also crushing DC with their movies.

BUT DC comes out with high quality video games. Only good marvel game in recent history is Spider-Man.

I also think DC will soon be dominating marvel on the small screen. Reviews for Titans are looking great. Harley Quinn looks very promising, and Young Justice will be great I’m sure.

So DC is doing fine imo, and the future looks good.

1 Like

I’ve always been DC all the way. But, I’m pretty sick of the dark/edgy stuff that seems more cliched. I go to the comics shop or on eBay and buy DC Comics from the 60s and 70s. Say what you will about 1964-70 Batman, but dang it, those stories were fun! I love reading Batman being a detective without thinking the guy’s going to drink cyanide at some point because he’s so gloomy. Batman-Damned? How about Batman-Darned LOL! A little bit of daylight could do this character good. Same with Superman from that era. If it has Go Go Checks on the cover, I’m interested. Also, the DC I first read was from the 70s, and for me that will always be the era I identify with most. I loved the original Morgan Edge, Steve Lombard and the WGBS setting. Thank God for comic book stores and reprints. I wish DC would actively repring some of these stories, especially to lure in young readers to keep the genre going.

I think DC is in a fine place. They have a very rich history that’s very hard to compete with, but there are a lot of good Rebirth comics out right now, the Arkham trilogy and both Injustice games are some of the best games I’ve ever played, there’s a whole bunch of DC TV on right now that people seem to like (I don’t really watch TV), and even if you don’t like the Worlds of DC, it’s likely you like at least one of the five movies, typically Wonder Woman, or you may be into their direct-to-DVD animated movies, or maybe Teen Titans Go! to the Movies, or maybe you’re excited for Shazam! or the Joker movie with Joaquin Phoenix. There’s a lot out for everyone.

1 Like