Is DC disappointing you?

Preface: I love DC. I’ve always been for better or for worse, a DC fanboy. I like other Marvel properties, I’m excited for the new Captain Marvel film coming out next year, but DC has always been my home for comics, cartoons, games, etc.

War Games is my all time favorite Batman story, I love the Flash Rogues, Superman has been one of my favorites as a child, the Dixon run of Birds of Prey is bar none my favorite run of comics ever, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bad cartoon DC has put out.

With all that being said, I think DC’s best days are behind them. Anything I want to enjoy from DC these days have been old stories they put out a decade ago or older.

The movies are not looking hot, it’ll take a while before I can trust the films again. I’m having a hard time liking any of the comics, the writing is killing me, and this new Titans show just… does not look any good at all.

4 Likes

Also this app is glitchy as all hell. I can’t even figure out how to edit my post. There was more I wanted to say, but man this is kind of a huge bummer.

2 Likes

A lot of the comics are still good to me and overall better than Marvel right now. I still play DC Universe Online a whole lot and yeah it’s an old game but is often updated and I heard that new episodes may be coming out for that soon.

DCEU has been very disappointing but am looking forward to Aguaman. Still kinda enjoying CW Flash.

Titans has potential go bad or be surprising. I’ll give it a chance

I enjoyed the latest animated film, which was Death of Superman

1 Like

Nah…I’m a DC fanboy through and through. The only thing disappointing me is Warner Brothers and their lack of knowledge, understanding, and respect for these characters. I mean they have Superman and Batman at their disposal and they’re either in character limbo or they just don’t know what to do with them…

2 Likes

DC fan since birth, i never really cared if they had live action movies or not. I love comics first and the most. A good story is all i care about.

1 Like

Comics should always be a priority as it’s the source material but all aspects of medias are important.

Oh and to clarify what I said about DC comics being better than Marvel right now, Overall I feel they are but every comic company has their own pros and cons. Marvel has some good comics going on right now and I love the MCU.

Basically I’m a fan of all of them but my point is basically that DC is still offering some goods as much as bad!

1 Like

App is disappointing. Comic selection is lame. Needs more complete stories and runs. Marvel Unlimited is much better for comics.

5 Likes

I got the tats. Closets full of books. Buy all the merch I can fit on my desk and bookshelves. I liked the movies more than most and defend some of their finer points to my Marvel friends. I get jealous the amount of comic movies and books my friends get to enjoy. I’ve seen 2 of the Marvel movies. I just like my DC stories better. I was hoping this app could fill the gaps of fandom but it just seems like a sampler service instead of an immersive collection. Most the stuff I own or have seen or is so old it doesn’t hold up. For the first time in my life i walked into a comic store and i wasn’t interested in any of the DC stuff, I walked out with $200 of IDW books. They just aren’t fan friendly enough, Marvel’s just going to keep making them look bad like the new Disney app is going to use the movie characters in their own streaming shows. Meanwhile DC is trying half as hard to play catch-up from a decade ago. It’s just not for me.

1 Like

Knight north getting to be fairly obvious you are just a troll now

I do love DC, and I do want to stress that I do believe that the comics are where it’s at. I personally think comic books are better than movies or TV, maybe it’s just me. I haven’t been able to bring myself to buy a DC comic in a long time, not since the New 52 actually, when they really screwed with the timeline and made things wrong only to have them rebirth it a few years later. I know a lot of comic book companies do that, but it really felt like a “NEW COKE” situation.

1 Like

And the Birds of Prey movie is really grinding my gears. I don’t think I’ve ever been so angry at prepro on any film. Margot Robbie is really pushing my buttons as a producer.

2 Likes

Quite the opposite actually. I’m loving pretty much everything DC is putting out these days. I might be in the minority on that, but I’m happy so it doesn’t bother me lol.

1 Like

New 52 is underrated or well at least a lot of it. I like Rebirth but haven’t read a whole lot of that yet

1 Like

The current set of movies are decent but a mess. They have had failed comic book reboot after failed reboot but rebirth is a step in the right direction. The cartoons were A+ but teen titans go will never live up to the original. I also thought this was a really good idea for them but they never really fully commit to satisfying their fans with anything. Many of the current shows are missing from this service and don’t even get me started on the reading selection its just terrible.

1 Like

I love it. All of it. The stuff I don’t love? I don’t watch/read it. Crazy how that works. Time goes on. Vamps will be Re’d. DC is what it is and is what it’s gonna be. Moaning and groaning can’t change things already set in motion :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I think the only reason DC is disappointing me is because I love its characters in all forms of media. I have an emotional tie to them that breeds expectation. I’m a Marvel casual; I enjoy their movies, some of their TV shows and a handful of their games. I don’t have the same emotional tie to Marvel as I do with DC so even Marvel’s worst project gets a pass from me…except Inhumans, that can die in a house fire.

I’m actually opposite of you. Huge marvel fanboy and occasionally I will delve into DC. I think the DCU movies are garbage, except for Wonder Woman. I am hoping they will get better but that hope is dying. However the comics are still pretty good and I think the titans show will be better than most think.

1 Like

Love the movies. Love the comics. Marvel has over saturated their movie market so much that it seems like the same stupid movie over and over again of superheroes having no character development…or having a development in one film only to return to their flawed self-righteousness the next movie. Much like the new star wars movies after 7. I got off the Marvel bus after Iron Man 3/batman forever remake. Fool me once shame on you, fool me a half dozen times i stop watching. Any one who says any of the Hulk movies are good must be Eric Bana or Ed Norton…wait just Eric Bana

1 Like

Both companies have they’re pros and cons, including their movies. I never got the need to be a fanboy of just one company when the genre is awesome and full of gems in all mediums across all comic companies.

Some shit on the MCU but if it was DC with that success, I bet most of you would be hyped for Infinity War being Infinity Crisis.

I’m hyped for Avengers 4 but also looking very forward to Aquaman and get excited for The Batman news

1 Like

I have to agree with what @TX85 here. I just love comics in general. I’m not hardcore for either side and there are definitely things from both parties I dislike. Theres moments in the MCU and TVMCU where I felt like I didn’t need to point out the flaws until DCEU got so much ■■■■. I like stuff from both and shouldn’t have to choose favorites. But okay movies, shows, and comics set aside- can we PLEASE talk about how Dark Nights: Metal just got a vinyl record?! Like who the hell does that?? My fingers couldn’t buy it fast enough. Dark Horse, Marvel, magna? This is the first time I’ve been extremely grateful for DC’s tie with Warner Bros and Warner Bros Records

2DBA39DB2-A04D-0DCF-7ED6EC277452CFDB.jpg