Is a Birds if Prey movie necessary?

Feel free to discuss!!!

3 Likes

Of Lol sorry

Maybe, maybe not but I like Margot Robbie as Harley so Imma go see it no matter what lol

5 Likes

What do you mean by “necessary?”

5 Likes

@Gibby: If that’s one of your favorite characters then that’s all that matters! Lol Cheers!

@Hub: Meaning is it worth the time and resources to make this movie a priority over other movies? Another Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash etc. There’s nothing wrong with the characters per se it just seems like a weird time to introduce them right now. Lol

We’ve already had Superman, Batman and Green Lantern movies. We’ve never had a Birds of Prey movie. I’m interested to see something new.

5 Likes

@Hub: True. However, I feel Birds of Prey should be set up better first. Hell, even a proper Cyborg film should be in the spotlight especially if he is maintaining Justice League founder status. :blush:

1 Like

Speaking of Justice League founding members, I wish DC didn’t give Martian Manhunter the shaft. Really great character if you ask me!

2 Likes

I would argue “yes”, but this movie is Birds of Prey in name only. We will probably never get a BoP movie, just Harley movies with a bunch of characters who are named after DC characters. #JusticeforBarbara

3 Likes

Renee Montoya is one of my favorite DC characters. Being that she is one of the central characters of the film, I say YES it’s very necessary.

And really, any movie that focuses on the lesser known corners of DC is necessary if they want to continue on with the recent successes of Aquaman and Shazam.

2 Likes

Good points everyone!!! :+1:t2:

Given the current world state I say it’s a great time to be a DC fan!!! There is so much ground to cover with so many great stories to be told!!! :smiley:

I feel like a BoP movie is absolutely nessacery. Now if only they’d make one and not a Harley Quinn movie. She’s my least favorite DC character. She’s shoved into way too much, and I hate the way a lot of fans cling to her and Joker as some kind of representation of true love. I don’t like the fact that DC basically romanticizes an abusive relationship. Even when they show her growing past his influence, she ALWAYS goes back.

4 Likes

Only if it introduces Oracle and has a Nightwing reference.

3 Likes

A BoP movie would be awesome. Huntress, a grown Black Canary (aka Dinah) and Babs as either as Batgirl or Oracle. Make Catwoman the “villian”. Bring in HQ as almost a cameo (perhaps one patrol/fight with her “on the team” or just the BoP getting more info from her on Catwoman). Keep the tension between Huntress and Dinah, like there was in JLU animated series,

A completely female major cast of characters. I think it would be a big draw reaching both male and female fans, and likely bringing in more “general population/non-comics” females viewers.

Of course, in my ideal concept we’d also have a guest appearance of “Here they are…Power Girl”

This would add a lot of characters to the DCU film world. Take the ones that really make an audience connection (Like HQ did with SS) and give them their own film or at least integrate them into a JL or other team-up movie with a more “well known” hero. (A Huntress/Batman and/or Black Canary/Wonder Woman movie, either of those would have tension between the two leads.

Hmmm…maybe I’ll start on a BoP screenplay after I complete my current, non-comics project and hope I can break through the “we don’t take unsolicited stories/scripts wall” DC has.

2 Likes

Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but it’s sterile and I like the taste.

8 Likes

@Ragdoll: BEST. RESPONSE. EVER.

1 Like

LOL I love that damn movie!

1 Like

Ol’ Patches was great!

Too bad about that whole Luck of the Irish incident though.

2 Likes