Invincible Comic/Amazon Show Topic Discussion

Hey everyone! I just started watching the animated adaptation of Invincible from Image Comics and it’s amazing!

I’ve never heard of this comic before however I think I’ve seen it on the shelves of comic shops since I recognize the main character at least. Wow! I was blown away and I need to buy the comics now! And what a voice cast!! I just wanted to talk more about the show and the comics and see if anyone else here had read them and what you thought :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I just watched this yesterday! I loved it! I’m debating waiting to read the comics until after I watch the first season. I liked having no idea what was going to happen. But I also want to know what it going to happen. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Ha same! I think I’ll get the comics after the show ends to compare. What an achievement though! The show is so good and I wonder how true to to comics it is so far. If the entire thing was available I’d binge it all. This Friday release schedule is going to test my willpower lmao

5 Likes

Luckily, I have a couple other shows that I am watching on a Friday release schedule so I can just add that into my Fridays. :laughing:

I’ve been looking at prices of the volumes online and if they get any lower I might buy them and just wait to read them. But I am curious how true to the comics they are. All the press I’ve seen seems to be happy with the adaptation so far, so I assume is it pretty close.

5 Likes

The comic was amazing from start to finish.

Just wait till you see what’s coming…:astonished::grin:

6 Likes

So far, very. The art style is like they brought the comic to life. Scenes are elaborated on, dialouge isn’t exactly the same, but the main story beats are spot on.

6 Likes

Looks like I’m investing in some comics then!

6 Likes

I will have to check it out (as well as the comic).

8 Likes

I loved the first three episodes. I haven’t had the chance to read the comics, but the show has been great. I love all the voice actors and characters thus far. It’s really fun to watch, has some great action, and is genuinely funny. The violence and gore has been both horrific and awesome. I’m really looking forward to watching the rest of the season.

6 Likes

I read the first compendium so I know what’s going to happen, but that actually makes the show more intriguing. And instead of being surprised there were some moments that I ended up having an emotional reaction. (Aftercredits of episode 2). I can’t wait for episode 4.

8 Likes

Really loved the three that I’ve watched, and looking forward to a lot more.

7 Likes

The gore was too much for my husband but action movies are a stretch for him normally so this is going to be my thing :stuck_out_tongue: That’s why I started this post, since I have no one else to talk to!

7 Likes

I feel you haha! Yeah, gore is definitely not for everyone and I understand why. I’m a huge fan of horror movies (mainly cause VFX and stuff of that nature is incredible imo), so it’s always cool to see the supe genre experiment with it as well. Glad to see you’ve made the thread.

6 Likes

I’m really enjoying this show. I have no idea what is going to happen every week. And I love it. Every episode I am surprised by. It’s just a great show all around.

4 Likes

Just saw the new one (got into the show last week) it’s amazing. This episode just more twist and surprises. I feel one big reason I like this show it’s it’s all surprises in a superhero show. I’ve never heard of it until the show so I’m watching blind. Haven’t watch a superhero thing blind in a while. I’m enjoying the animation. The gore and getting introduced to this new world of heroes villains and in between.

I have some predictions some but with its twistyness I never if they right or not. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

So I just started reading this series and I am enjoying it. I can see how some things were changed slightly. But overall it all holds up very well to the comic.

4 Likes

I heard somewhere the creator said when they were looking at making the show he wanted to adjust some things since he was so young when he first wrote it that looking back he wanted to do some things differently. I wonder how much he was able to influence since usually its hard for the creators to maintain control on adaptations. It sounds like he’s really happy with it!

4 Likes

Man, today’s episode was rough. I can’t wait to see how it all ties up next week.

Anyone else slightly creeped out by Robot? I was expecting a more evil reasoning for everything he has done. Not just ‘I love Monster Girl.’

But this season has been great. Has it been renewed for season 2 already?

4 Likes

I just started watching this show a few days ago, and I am hooked. I had never heard of this comic before, but it is so easy to recognize all of the DC characters that the ones from Invincible are based on. I will definitely be checking out the comics for this one.

6 Likes

This was a more sympathetic episode. Finally starting to see there is more to Omniman and Robot’s crazy. I felt bad for Robot and to learn he’s actually a human who’s crazy smart and has suffered so much in his life only to have everyone treat him like some unfeeling machine was really sad. And it’s starting to look like Omniman may not be as autonomous as we thought and I have a feeling it’s about to get all sorts of complicated! I also feel so bad for Mark, it’s so sad to see him struggling under the weight of being a superhero and just amplifies the fact that he’s still just a kid and the decisions he makes are inexperienced. WHAT AN AMAZING SHOW!!! I’m going to have to get the comics to compare!

5 Likes