Introducing: DC Universe Infinite Ultra

Sounds exciting. Definitely curious to see what new stuff will be added, but definitely inclined to upgrade when this launches.

10 Likes

I will most likely upgrade to this. Only a one month delay makes it much easier to discuss current comics.

9 Likes

Also wanted to say, the $99 promo price is exceedingly reasonable. Thatā€™s just 25 cents more per month than what Iā€™m paying now for my monthly subscription. I generally prefer monthly subscriptions, even though I end up paying more in the long run, because I can cancel at any time and I donā€™t have to lay out so much money at once. But for something like this, I will gladly pay the annual subscription price.

10 Likes

This sounds awesome and extremely affordable. Iā€™m interested in the FAQ because I do have some questions that I hope will be answered there.

But I canā€™t wait for this. It is great to see things changing and evolving here. Thank you to the Mods and the team behind the scenes at DCUI for all that you do!

9 Likes

Iā€™ve been with DC Universe since day one. Iā€™ve been reading DC comics for more than 60 years, so my fondest hope is for more Golden and Silver Age titles to be added to Infinite. For todayā€™s crop of titles, I favor Black Label and Vertigo reprints.

Of course Iā€™ll gladly kick in for Infinite Ultra. Moving up the reprint schedule is a readerā€™s blessing and a comic store owners bane.

I donā€™t hang in a local comic shop any more, so I donā€™t purchase floppies anymore because they have become just too expensive, and the ratio of pleasure to cost is out of control. I donā€™t know how anyone but the most devoted collector can keep up with the hobby.

That being said, panel by panel screen reading is so much easier than physical comic reading on my eyes. And, I love being immersed in the expanded images that Infinite provides.

Another reason to love DC INFINITE

14 Likes

Maybe we can finally get Matt wagners batman mad monk series. I swear it used to be on here but I only see monster men

6 Likes

Seems like a pretty cool upgrade for the service.

6 Likes
9 Likes

Very interesting, only I never mention I was interested Vertigo which Iā€™m not. Iā€™m interested in missing issues from old comics books.
But I am curious if I were to subscribe Ultra, would we be able to read Killing Jokes or 3 Jokers?
To see Batman Earth One Vol 2 & 3 would I need to subscribe to Ultra?

And finally what about regular members, what can we read? Will we be able to read older missing comics once added?

This really raises too many questions, am I against this? Easy to answer and itā€™s no. Iā€™m really just curious and wanted to be sure if I make a right choice for me. :grinning::books::books::books::books::books::books:

:dc:

5 Likes

Special access to subscriber only content? Isnā€™t that what was promised already?

8 Likes

Iā€™m so torn on this. I just wish there was a way to support DC w/out supporting WB, but thatā€™s obviously impossible

8 Likes

On the Ultra site, it says that monthly and annual subscribers can upgrade to Ultra. Is there a monthly price or only an annual price?

4 Likes

Sorry, after two years of waiting for an app update, functionality fixes, and filling in gaps in the library to this service, this is a slap in the face. So now we have to pay extra or actually see our access to the library shrink? Will the new service have the same functionality problems or is it a whole new app?

5 Likes

Whatā€™s shrinking? Youā€™ll still have access to the same books and releases every Tuesday with a 6 month delay.

5 Likes

I am definitely curious to see what titles will all be on this new Ultra tier because of the 5,000 number mentioned. Even with how prolific Vertigo has been, is there enough Vertigo books to make up that number?

7 Likes

By my count, no. We also have a decent amount of Vertigo series already on here, so Iā€™m really waiting to see the list of those 5k issues, because that is an absolutely massive chunk of their missing catalog.

6 Likes

I am assuming (and that is dangerous to do so) that your library wonā€™t shrink.

Ultra will cut down the wait time. From six months to 1 month.

And have certain items: graphic novels, vertigo books, black label booksā€¦available.

4 Likes

**The big question **

So are there going to be two tiers of pricing?

4 Likes

DC Graphic Novels and MAD Magazine Titles Will Be Available Across All Tiers

Hell yes.

10 Likes

Your experience isnā€™t going to change. They havenā€™t said they are taking away anything from the regular subscribers, instead they are adding perks for those that are willing to shell out a bit more money. We had doom and gloom for like the entire first 2 years of this app, lets not go back to that style, please and thank you.

8 Likes