Introducing: Backlist Breakout! Vote Now!

I am so glad to see this feature, thanks for adding this. It has been a long time hope that something like this would be added.
That being said Vote Warlord!!

13 Likes

Holy Moley! THIS IS A GREAT IDEA! And I’m voting WARLORD for the variety it brings to the service.

15 Likes

Thank you @Vroom @moro @CassTheStreet for the heads up on the Blacklist Breakout! I voted for my beloved Warlord.

@Jitsu will the books that don’t make the top three rollover to next quarter’s vote? Will three new books to vote on be added? Or, will a whole new slate be offered each quarter?

22 Likes

Quite welcome, fellow Skartaran. I hope our man Travis is among the winners of the shebang.

If he is, then we will celebrate…Skartaris-style! :partying_face:

15 Likes

This is a neat idea! I voted for “The Book of Fate”. I had seen that character in a different series and I wanted to read their series but since it wasn’t on here I haven’t been able to yet.

I think this is a cool idea to gauge interest in new series to add to the platform. I like being involved in this type of thing and it is nice to see that there are teams dedicated to working on what series to bring to the site. (I know they existed previously, but these type of events just make their existence more known.)

That being said, I hope that all of these series end up on the site eventually. I know they won’t be by that June 6th deadline. But it is kind of rough to show a series that someone wants to read and then if it doesn’t get enough votes, just put it back in the ‘vault’ and walk away. I know a lot goes into digitizing comics but is there any chance we could get confirmation that the other comics will get digitized eventually, even if they aren’t one of the top 3?

Again, I think this is a great idea. I hope this is a continued feature and it is neat. Thanks for letting us participate in what gets added to this site!

18 Likes

I am currently reading Mike Grell’s Green Arrow and I am just reminded again of how great a writer he is.

Therefore, my vote is for Warlord, which I have wanted to read for some time.

16 Likes

Me too! :smiley:

11 Likes

Awesome™:+1: idea sounds fun. Throwing my vote in for Etrigan’s Blood if the demon.

11 Likes

I feel like I’m writing a chain letter.

My fellow Community Members,

I urge you to vote for your favorite series if it is listed above as a choice. If you do not feel strongly about the options I urge you to please vote for The Warlord (1975-1988). I also ask you to spread the word among you digital friends to participate in the vote.

No bad luck will befall you if you don’t vote, but you will have my undying gratitude.

@DC89
@TheWifeOfJasonTodd
@NYJt3
@mojaka
@Robert-DeBeero
@WingsOfAether
@SuperBlueGrodd
@Kon-El-Prime
@StrangeVisitor
@MatthewHecht

I thank you all for your attention and I apologize if I missed anyone.

Thanks,

Travis Morgan

33 Likes

Chain Letter Part II.

@Aquamon
@Bladexoxo
@TheRealDetectiveChimp @TheBatgirlofNML
@TheTerrificToyman
@Daredevil
@biff_pow
@mercurie80
@idle453.87595
@ejdias.95910

22 Likes

Chain Letter Part III

@wrightline1.42741
@capo-mage
@Jay_Kay
@JayleighJayeJimenez
@KeyFamily
@Mae
@colonyofcells_iamamachine
@rwk

23 Likes

Chain Letter Part IV

23 Likes

OMG, this is extremely exciting. Exactly the kind of thing I always wanted to see from this community. Love this!

(Vote Blue Beetle 1967 — it’s a vote for the first appearances of THE QUESTION!)

24 Likes

I voted for Warlord.

14 Likes

It is a thing of beauty to see many members of the community rallying around Warlord. My little grinch heart may be growing again in 3 sizes right now! If the community keeps doing these wonderful things, I may have a full sized heart by the end of the year :wink:It really is wonderful to see a lot of people supporting a fellow member this way! Man, I love this community.

13 Likes

I agree with this sentiment. I want those 1950s and the rest of the 1940s Action and Superman back-filled with remastered floppies - and that doesn’t even address holes all over the place, such as some of the Elseworld titles and other items of that nature. But I also voted, before I even parsed the thread for DC Challenge but would also be good with Warlord, as my second choice - if any is keeping track.

@TravisMorgan sorry to disappoint you but thanks for the heads up so I could state a preference. I do agree that WL is exactly the kind of story that would add diversity to the site. Someone should @ Gunn about it on line, I’m sure he’s familiar with it but it never hurts to put ideas in front of him. The concept would make a great animated movie at minimum.

15 Likes

I won’t be mad if Warlord wins. It’s an important part of DC history that’s too often overlooked. I’m grateful we get 3 winners!

19 Likes

HCQ makes a great point about the Question’s first appearance. But since Trav thought enough of me to be included in his Chain Letter mailing, the least I can do is support his choice for Warlord. Always been a Grell fan! :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

I voted Warlord for my man @TravisMorgan. :+1:t2:

14 Likes

I wonder if the top runners-up will get to be included in June’s Backlist Breakout. Would be a nice touch for the campaigners who just missed!

Even though I’m forever a Question Boy, all this outpouring of love for Warlord warms my heart. Ol’ Travis deserves the top spot. Hoping for 2nd or 3rd place!

14 Likes