Interesting Quote from Marc Maron

Check out this link:

https://www.cbr.com/joker-marc-maron-comic-book-fans-grown-male-child-nerds/

If you don’t like something, why insult those who do? I guess I’m a seven year old grown male nerd child. Jeesh…some people.

2 Likes

I am not a seven year old grown male nerd child. Now excuse me while I slip on my Batman Jammie’s.

1 Like

Agree just because something is not your thing you don’t need to insult those who like it. Plus, even as a stereotype that’s completely outdated. Way to keep up with the times, Maron

1 Like

Not so much “interesting” as clueless. Sounds like someone binged “The Big Bang Theory” recently.
At least he didn’t say this trash to usurp attention away from Stan Lee’s death, like that non-wit Bill Maher.

2 Likes

I thought it was interesting in the sense that it showed some of the folks participating in these movies don’t really have much respect for the genre or source material. I understand this movie will be a serious adult character study, but said character originated in comics. 7 year old grown male child nerd…please add a few more adjectives to that so we can know how you really feel :joy:

He could just be joking. You know, because he’s in…

If he’s serious, oh well. He has a right to his opinion. We can’t all star on a TV show on a network that should have changed its name two decades ago.

Personally speaking, I’m no man-child. Now, you’ll excuse me wraps red towel over his shoulders I’m going to go play Superman. raises arms into the air, runs around and makes flying sounds

3 Likes

He’s a comedian who made a joke, it’s really not worth getting upset over. If you read the full quote, he also made a really good point about how comic book blockbusters have shoved mid-budget films out of the entertainment landscape and how challenging material (like, presumably, the film he’s promoting) isn’t getting made much because everything needs to be a CGI extravaganza with a happy ending.

2 Likes

@mrmiracle There’s a difference between making a joke, and insulting people in a snarky manner, and expecting to get away with it because you bill yourself as a comedian. It may be his opinion, but it’s clearly not an informed one, regardless of his views of an unrelated topic.
Maybe he’s genuinely upset about mid-budget productions, but like a high school aged goon, he’s picking on “the comic nerds” because they’re easy targets; always have been. Congratulations, Marc, you’ve displayed all the rationale of a 10th grade bully stereotype! I’ll make sure to get you a celebratory cookie.

2 Likes

@Mr_Morbach Insulting people in a snarky manner is pretty much Marc Maron’s whole thing.

1 Like

If you are starring in an upcoming movie and you’re going on a talk show to promote it, maybe it’s not such a good idea to insult the potential audience for said film.

2 Likes

I saw this headline. Snarky or not I hate the whole generalization of comic book fans in general. For one, I’m a woman…haha!! Parts of his quote I can understand because of the current movie landscape. However, it’s not nice to insult one demographic of moviegoers to make a point. We don’t control the studios.

3 Likes