Inque-Live Action?

If anyone decided to make a live-action movie with Inque as a character, who would you like to see play her in the film?

2 Likes

Not necessarily my #1 choice, but for whatever reason, I’m visualizing Charlize Theron (and with black hair) in the role.

Think of her appearance in Aeon Flux, but with an obviously different skin color.

3 Likes

Ooohhh…like in Aeon Flux? Good choice!

2 Likes

Indeed, for you replied just as I added this edit:

Great minds. :fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

2 Likes

Another good choice would be Aubrey Plaza.

3 Likes

Yes! A very good choice, indeed.

Not Inque-related, but I could see Ms. Plaza make for a great live-action Livewire, especially pre-transformation.

3 Likes

Yeah! Did anyone ever tell you you’d be a great casting director?

2 Likes

Whewf, that’s a GREAT question. The swoop of her bangs specifically reminds me of Janelle Monae to start, but I’d really have to think long and hard about it.

Would you keep her daughter Deanna in the story if you were to make it live-action, and if so, who would you cast to play her?

3 Likes

:smile: You’re too kind.

Maybe when WB unlocks my scripts in their Burbank filing cabinets (you know, after Hell freezes over), they’ll see your recommendation. :slight_smile:

Charlize Theron as Inque, with Aubrey Plaza as Deanna? :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

That’s an idea!

2 Likes

NGL, Aubrey Plaza is really cemented into my mental sponge as Livewire, now. I could totally see her as Leslie Willis and as her electrified self later on.

…and of course, Lori Petty would need a cameo in whatever Aubreyfire™ appears in, because…you know.

Random thought: Michelle Yeoh as Inque.

“Survey says?”

2 Likes

Rebecca Romijn

2 Likes

Michelle Yeoh, another great choice!

2 Likes

Lady Shiva, mayhaps?

As long as Jennifer Lawrence doesn’t play her later, I’d be okay with Superman’s (Jerry O’Connell) real life Lois playing Inque.

2 Likes

You know, James Gunn would save an awful lot of money if he consulted these message boards for casting ideas. So many intelligent people here!

2 Likes

Whose to say someone here isn’t secretly James Gunn?

2 Likes

Let’s hope that’s the case.

2 Likes

Agreed!

3 Likes