Injustice Animated Movie Confirmed!

Ah, one of my siblings is absolutely in love with this series! I need to finish it asap before this comes out haha. Very exciting :smiling_imp:

What are your favorite moments you absolutely must see animated? Remember to blur spoilers :wink:

2 Likes

I’m open to whatever they decide to adapt, but I’m hoping this is a movie version of Year One from the comics (w/ at least Year Two to follow) and w/ the voice cast from the game. That way we can have Kevin Conroy and Grey Delisle bring to life the scene where Bruce collapses after Dick’s death w/ Selina there to comfort him. Painful as it is, it might just be my favorite scene in the entire Injustice saga

1 Like

Yeah, I’m in. Injustice was a really key thing that solidified my love for DC and got me into comics. I’m 100% interested in seeing it done as a film. That said, they’re gonna need to put in some work. The story works pretty well in the game as a movie on its own. I’m not really interested in seeing a glorified cutscene compilation. I’m hoping they do something interesting/new with the animation or, at the very least, animate some of the comic-exclusive story beats. Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

My sibling feels the same way :open_mouth: the way they talk about it is like… dang… now I have to experience that for myself.

These are nice thoughts indeed. I played the games and have heard all about the actual comic story line and wish they brought more of that rawness into the actual game’s cinematic movie-story. Noting your comments for sure! :wink:

3 Likes

That definitely makes sense. Adapting the game wouldn’t be quite like adapting a comic since the source material would already be (computer) animated, so it would feel less original and fresh. That’s a big reason why I’m hoping this’ll be an adaptation of the comics or maybe even something that takes place after Injustice 2

2 Likes

Yeah, Injustice was released at a time where video games had become more than sufficient as a story-telling medium. It took advantage of this and did it well! It just wont be enough to simply adapt it on its own.

3 Likes

Plus the approach of trying to re-tell the main game’s story from a different perspective was already done in the Ground Zero comic, so even trying something like that wouldn’t feel as fresh

2 Likes

Unless they are planning a several of these movies, they will have to get pretty selective with what elements to adapt from the comics and games. There’s enough material there for a whole series. Somehow I feel like the typical 1hr 20min runtime for these home release animated movies is not nearly enough time, unless it’s a straight adaptation of the game (with some liberties).

3 Likes

Considering the cutscenes alone of either game run several hours, they’d certainly have to take a lot of liberties, not to mention you’ve still gotta have at least a handful of fight scenes

3 Likes

I can’t wait to learn more :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This is why I think it would have been better as a show.

3 Likes