Injustice 2 Is Still Amazing

As many of us know, Netherrealm Studios have done some great work with Injustice and Injustice 2 (mobile and console editions). I love discussing this game, and feel my social circles don’t include many who also play/love this game. This is a place to talk about what you love, dislike, wish for in a sequel etc.

3 Likes

I absolutely love this game and the connected universe that has been created. The comics are great. I main with Batman, Robin, TMNT, and Sub-zero (my favorite MK character).

I utilize arena interactions and transitions where possible, and love the cinematic feel of the gameplay. the unique dialogue between characters is great. I love the attention to detail in everything in this game.

I hope we get an Injustice 3, and would love to see more diverse characters become playable. While i’m not a big fan of the character, I think Plastic Man would be fun and have some unique gameplay.

Excited to see what you all share!

They let me play as Ryan Choi and Jaime Reyes, gave us 80s icon C. Thomas Howell as Captain Cold, and let me beat Batman unconscious as Donatello (the best turtle). And Netherrealm consistently puts out the best single-player experience for people who like fighting games but aren’t super equipped for online (please don’t tell me to ‘get good’, I’m visually impaired and will never be able to do things like frame counting). Love that game, put probably 150 hrs into it, fully expect IJ3 to come out in 2021 for the PS5 and Xbox Something Incongruent With Prior Naming Conventions.

3 Likes

I like the app. I’m kinda good at it and can often make top 1,000. The only fighting game I’ve ever been able to play. I like playing as John Stewart.

The game was a little imbalanced when it came to all the zoners, but I too love it and still play it. The roster is rock solid, and I’m still learning things about characters I had previously written off. The customization options are also pretty good too.

I expect 3 to have more brand synergy: characters with other media presence like Batwoman, Stargirl, and Adam Strange could very well show up. It will also probably build on MK11’s new mechanics, meaning it could have a bigger learning curve than the previous two.

Storyline wise I’m not sure where they go from here, but I’d love to see some greater New Gods involvement