Ineck Chock

I need a re-imaging of Apache Chief in my life.

2 Likes

So true. It’s funny all this talk now of (much needed) diversity in comics and yet go back to old school super friends (and 1970’s cartoons and comics in general) and right alongside Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman etc we had Apache Chief, Samurai, El Dorado & Black (Lightning) Vulcan. It’s 45 years later and still Any real Native American, Mexican, Japanese, much less LGBTQ, etc presence in comics today? Not so much.

1 Like

LGBTQ we have in spades (Heck we had Pied Piper a REFORMED Rogue hold not only a supporting role in Wally’s run as the Flash, but honestly, he had become a bonafide hero! (worthy, (IMHO) of having his own comic!) as to other Minority characters, well, Apache Chief at least, found new life as Manitou Raven in JLA but I overall agree that the others should have gotten some place in the limelight (Though I seem to recall Samurai did make an appearance or two shortly before Flashpoint)

1 Like

I’ve found some Native American representstion. Ghost dancing tells a story similar to traditional NA creatationism. Scalped is a modern story with mostly NA characters.

Border Town us new but its telling a lot of Mexican/Aztec folklore. Theres also Blue Beetle, Jaime.

There’s a ton LGB representation but very little T. The first Green Lantern, Batwoman, White Canary and (I know its marvel) Iceman. Even without them, theres lots of homoeroticism…and I don’t just mean batdong.

2 Likes