In you're opinion, who's the greatest strategist and tactician?

Deathstroke and Talon have outdone Batman in terms of strategy/tactics.

3 Likes

@gibby i agree

1 Like

I’m gonna say Vandal Savage.

3 Likes

Vandal Savage.
He is the Father of Meta-Humans.
Instead of Black Adam, the Rock should be portraying Vandal Savage.

3 Likes

Vandal? Hmmmm very intriguing. But i like it

2 Likes

John Constantine.

Deadshot

I like Oracle as a candidate, but I think Black Canary made a lot of the tactical decisions in the field. I really enjoyed their team ups…

Nightwing is a good choice, since he’s been shown to do both in various roles (leader of the Titans, Agent of Shield, Batman).

John Stewart Green Lantern would be another option. He was/is a strong Corps leader and field commander.

Mister Miracle and Big Barda are/were generals in the war against Darkseid. They should be skilled at both, though I don’t specifically recall them discussing strategies.

Brianiac-5 seems like a good option as well, but I have very limited experience with the character.

Wasn’t Steve Trevor a high ranking Argus agent as well as a military field commander? I know we saw him lead field teams; I’m not sure if he came up with strategies, but I thought Diana said something about Steve typically making plans or something.

For villainous types, Deathstroke is definitely a master tactician, but I’m not sure how he holds up on strategy - I don’t read enough of his stuff. I agree that Ras and Vandal Savage should be considered.

John stewart is genius! Didn’t think about him.

Yeah, I would say Vandal, Deathstroke, Talon, Batman, Oracle, and Hush, in that order.

2 Likes

talon is such a genius, especially with his court connections. He manipulates bats easy.

Batman

3 Likes

^^^Yes, has to be the Bat. But I’ll give a shout out to Maxwell Lord

1 Like

John Constantine, then Lex Luthor, and then Batman.

Captain America.

2 Likes

Since we are going on the non-hero side of the spectrum as well…

The greatest strategist in the DCU is Darkseid. (Not always the greatest tactician, but, those are different)

2 Likes

@thelaw i love you for saying lex, lets go!!!

@desade i was honestly thinking about darksied too. Great pick.

1 Like

Anyone new opinions? I’ve been thinking nightwing a lot since i read his latest series. He’s almost surpassed Bruce.

This is a tough one… I’d say that Amanda Waller has to be up there, personally, my only hesitation is that as a tactician, she tends to burn useful bridges for fairly arbitrary reasons. I understand her distrust of the Justice League, for example, but in trying to create countermeasures she often ends up making something far more dangerous.

3 Likes