In what states are the famous DC comic cities located?

Interesting stuff, the more you know the more you grow :slight_smile: Still, Delaware seems pretty random. Their largest real life city is Wilmington and if you look at the skyline it looks so… small. Not a big deal obviously

Delaware is remote enough that people would not realize that there isn’t a city named Metropolis there (probably the same for Indiana or New Jersey).

1 Like

At one time, Fawcett City (home of the Marvel family) was in northern Indiana.

Central City and Keystone City are sister cities as well, t think those two are located in Missouri and Kansas

Gotham is in New England. I know that’s not a state but that’s what I’ve read before.

Gotham looks like Chicago though

Metropolis is New York

Gotham is Chicago

3 Likes

I think gothom

Gotham is in New Jersey

1 Like

Gotham in New Jersey

1 Like

Gotham is New York actually , and Metropolis is supposed to be the lighter side to New York which is Manhattan but if we’re going super comic accurate than Gotham is New Jersey/Metropolis is in Delaware ~

2 Likes

New York us never mentioned in the comics. Chicago is, however. So, Gotham can’t be Chicago. I agree with the New York theory. Metropolis I’m still up in the air about. Clark grew up in the fictional town of Smallville, KS. Kansas City is a large metropolis city shared between the states of Kansas and Missouri. I grew up in KC. So, My hypothesis is Metropolis is supposed to be KC.

1 Like

Metropolis is in Illinois(for real)

1 Like

It gets even more confusing if you watch the Arrowverse and freeze frame on the digital maps. Central City has been shown in Missouri but also Ohio, Starling/Star City in Oregon and Washington. Coast City is the Bay Area, and National City is depicted as LA but described and mapped north where San Luis Obispo is.

2 Likes

I don’t think New York, Boston or Chicago exist in the DC world, so I’ll just say some states are removed and the cities are in their own states.

1 Like

Forget what I said, Chicago is mentioned. But no one says something of Boston (my city).

1 Like

Unless I’m mistaken in some of the original appearances of batman they used New York and Gotham city interchangeably but obviously somewhere down the line they separated them. So I’d assume Gotham is somewhere near New York

Both Gotham and Metropolis are evocative of New York City, although it is actually unclear what state they are supposed to be in within the DC Universe. Things became more confusing when they started basing some heroes — like the New Teen Titans — in New York City itself. And actually, quite a few real-world cities have been the home base for various heroes at different times. Wonder Woman lived in Boston for awhile, Supergirl in Chicago. Beast Boy was out in Los Angeles. Etc. I have always felt Keystone City should be in Pennsylvania, Midway City should be in the Midwest, possibly Missouri. But I really don’t know if either of those have been definitively stated.

2 Likes

I have seen comics where New York is mentioned. I like to think that Gotham City is in South west New Jersey, on one side of the Delaware River while Metropolis is across the Bay with a giant bridge separating them. I read about it once before. Another theory I have is that Gotham is in New Jersey, around the area of Paterson and Metropolis is in the Midwest in Illinois somewhere.

Gothem is in central time zone but no specific place si is Central City. Metropolis & Coast City are in eastern time zones. If you watch the video of Injustice Gods Among US. It gives tgat info