In Need of Help

So I’m having doubt that this community is for me and getting worried it may be just me. I love DC comics to some would say an obsessive extent and many of these characters are quite literally family metaphorically. But as I’ve posted and joined groups and even posted an issue of a comic I still dont quite feel as I did the day I downloaded the app. Does anyone have any suggestions for good groups, activities on the app I’m not aware of, and just any genuine helpful advice. Thank you and happy reading.

(PS) The groups I’m in are not bad at all just discouraged right now and looking for suggestions.

8 Likes

Well, I run a lively trivia competition every week in the “Community Events” section on Tuesdays at 5:00 PM EST! It would be great if you came and joined us. It usually goes for 2 hours, and people have a lot of fun chatting about the topics as we go from question to question.

7 Likes

Sure that sounds great help me what’s that central time do you think?

3 Likes

Central time, that’s 4:00 PM.

4 Likes

Thanks for the help @HubCityQuestion

4 Likes

See you there

4 Likes

What groups have you joined? We have quite a few clubs on here:

Just based on your name, I’d suspect that you might enjoy World of Bats in particular:

We are currently reading the early Tim Drake stories in that club. The club leaders should be posting a discussion thread for Robin II: The Joker’s Wild today.

4 Likes

Thank you so much @AlexanderKnox I’ll check it out right now

5 Likes

When I’m feeling like I want to do something fun in the community I scout out to see wherever @biff_pow is. There’s always some hooliganery to go around when @biff_pow’s in a thread. Most recently it had to do with goat cheese…

Joking aside (though that was only a half joke), I would also recommend keeping an eye out in the watchtower for events coming up. If you can make it to a community watch along or a Q&A with a DC creative, those are well worth the time investment.

7 Likes

And if you just happen to be in a Robin mood, a number of clubs are hanging out with the Boy Wonder this month for his 80th birthday:

Since I co-lead one of the two Robin clubs around here, it’s nothing new for me, but it’s nice to see so many groups celebrating everyone’s favorite leotard-sporting sidekick this March.

3 Likes

Oh which club do you co lead my friend

3 Likes

Thank you so much @YoYoFroYo it means alot having the help

4 Likes

You betcha :smiley:

2 Likes

We have been reading through the adventures of Jason Todd and Damian Wayne chronologically. I run the club on the Jason weeks, and @JasonTodd428 runs it on the Damian weeks (which I suppose is ironic, considering his username).

Anyway, I don’t just want to make a plug for my club, so I recommend you take a peek at the fan club discussions and decide what you find of interest:

4 Likes

That is quite hilarious actually I’ll join up you havent led me astray

4 Likes

@YoYoFroYo

batcry

Looks like you already got some great advice, @grailknightpercival94, but I’d add to keep an eye out for watch-alongs/“WALs” which are always fun (people watch a TV show or movie together and live chat), and if you have any interest in art (whatever you do and however you do it!), the DC Fan Art Club is a load of fun with weekly themes, like last week we drew LEGO characters, and this week we’re drawing DC characters as toddlers!

5 Likes

Thank you so much @biff_pow I’ll check it out

4 Likes

I respect a grown (bat)man who can cry amongst his friends.

4 Likes

So I’m not much of an artist but might it be possible to post something that might inspire art

4 Likes

I’m not much of an artist myself, but I don’t let that stop me! :laughing:

4 Likes