In Memoriam: Si Spencer

It is with heavy hearts that we have to share the news of the passing of legendary writer, Si Spencer. Si worked on numerous British and American comics and television programs but was well known for his Vertigo work on Hellblazer: City of Demons, Slash and Burn, and his own limited series, Bodies.

Please join us in remembering this talented writer that gave us so many stories in which he will live on in. :pray:

Are you a fan of Si Spencer’s work? Let us know your favorite stories of his in the comments below! :point_down:

22 Likes

RIP Good Sir.

I really liked the Hellblazer City of Demons story and the Books of Magick: Life During Wartime series.

7 Likes

He brought joy to many, sorry to hear of his passing.

5 Likes

Si Spencer’s work really represented the Vertigo spirit, which was a beast all its own. He’ll be mourned and missed by his contemporaries. It’s sad to imagine us losing the bearers of the Vertigo standard one by one as we get further in time from its final publications, and Si was too young to be the first to go. Raise a glass.

8 Likes

Some sad news.
Wish the best to his friends and family and may his stories control inspire and entertain.

3 Likes

I remember reading City of Demons way back in the day – might have even been the first Hellblazer work I read and what got me into the character.

Sorry to hear of his loss, my condolences to his friends and family during these trying times.

4 Likes

RIP to Si Spencer.

3 Likes