I'm Getting Notifications For DMs But Can't See DMs

It’s not a big issue, it’s just that I keep thinking someone dm’d me, but there’s nothing there.

1 Like

Hmm… I think sometimes it’s because they’re actually @s from the live chat. Have you checked over there?

2 Likes

I have, but nobody tagged me

1 Like

Spooky :thinking:

2 Likes

Really spooky

1 Like

I have the same problem! I have no new DMs, but I have the green message notification that has a 1 in it.

I noticed it this morning and I haven’t figured out how to clear it yet.

2 Likes

I fixed it! I got notified and clicked the dismiss button, and the green 1 went away!

1 Like

Can I mark this as solved now?

1 Like

Mine is still there and I don’t have a way to clear it. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

thats so weird

2 Likes

Just to update. I still have the notification and it won’t clear. I have no new DMs. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

That’s so weird! And you dismissed notifications?

1 Like

There is no way to dismiss it. It says I have a new DM but I don’t actually have one.

2 Likes

Hey gang! I’m looking into this as we speak.

@Row.Harper @Jurisdiction Did this just start for the first time within the past 24 hours, or did it start earlier in the week?

4 Likes

I’m glad I’m not alone. It’s happening to me too.

4 Likes

I noticed it yesterday morning for the first time.

Thanks for looking into it! I know it is a small problem, but it is annoying. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Clicking this made it go away for me

1 Like

The notification has gone away. Did you fix it @staticshocks? Or is it one of those it fixed itself.

2 Likes

This might have been a glitch that occurred when Discourse rolled out their new notifications menu update. No confirmation if a fix has been issued just yet, but if it’s gone, hooshaw!

3 Likes