If You Ran DC

If you ran dc what would you do with the company what series would you start? Which would you end? What would your free comic book day specials be about? Who would you focus on the most who would get a full running series? If you had a crisis what would it be about? who would die? Who would be the main team? :00_dc_2016:

6 Likes

more ambush bug
paul dini on zatanna
bryan q miller on stargirl

3 Likes

All Crisisses are off the board.

5 Likes

I would go back to the 60 style, no story arch, just a single story in each series, respect the old ways like keeping the red trunk on Superman. :grinning:
And bringing videos back to DC Universe.

7 Likes

The trunks are crucial to his color scheme.

3 Likes

I would redesign a bunch of costumes, make ongoing comics for public domain characters like The Shadow and Zorro, and sell comics books at $2.30.

4 Likes

I would prioritize Mark Waid and Geoff Johns.

5 Likes

So basically my comics when done by Finger and Kane. (I think it was Robinson who got them having more originality).

3 Likes

The titles that would start the universe would be,

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Justice League of America
Justice Society of America
The Question
Black Canary
Etrigan the Demon
Swamp Thing
Doctor Fate
Hawkman and Hawkwoman
Mister Miracle

6 Likes

3 Likes

Every series would now feature Stephanie Brown!

6 Likes

more static in comics cartoons and movies

2 Likes

If I ran DC there would be an ongoing Robins series like the miniseries from a few years back and also Tim and Kon would be together

2 Likes

Geoff Johns would be the publisher. Mark Waid would be the EIC.
And I would bring in experienced professionals to be group editors. I firmly believe many of DC’s creative problems stem from a lack of accomplished editorial guidance.
And here’s a short list of those I would put in charge: Peter Tomasi, Kurt Busiek, Chuck Dixon, Christopher Priest, Loise Simonson, and Dan Jurgens (He gets the Superman titles!)

3 Likes

Can reduce continuity to a simple minimum like: superman was earlier than most heroes and inspired the other heroes, golden age justice society is before silver age justice league, integrate milestone heroes into earth 0 like pre flashpoint and new 52, have most of the heroes on earth 0, and multiverse stories are more confusing so keep those to a minimum. Simplify the 5 generations of heroes to 2: 1> adults are golden age justice society, silver age justice league and titans, 2> younger heroes are young justice, teen titans. Reduce the age difference of golden age justice society and silver age justice league, so golden age justice society and silver age justice league and current justice league represent the adult generation of heroes. Batman has plenty of generations of sidekicks so simplify these to 2 generations: 1> adults are batman, nightwing, jason todd (jason todd used to be about the same as age as tim drake in the 1980s and seems to have been aged up after he returned from the dead after many years), 2> younger heroes are tim drake, stephanie brown, damian wayne, mia maps mizoguchi, carrie kelley.

2 Likes

I would have everyone finish the current storylines, have a crisis and start everything over. Not like the new 52, Start it all over and have a stricter sense of continuity. Make one shot stories a more common format and have less storylines.

1 Like

Got it, just like the New 52 did.

2 Likes

Yeah, Guess your right.

2 Likes

Good I love New 52.

2 Likes

My name sounds nothing like bran flakes.

2 Likes