If you could make any comic character a part of a Lantern Core, who would it be?

Fair point @ralphsix - although there’s also Orange, Sapphire, and Black to choose from. When Batman became a Green, he overtook the goodness with his willpower and allowed in The Dark. I could see others having the ability to do something similar.

Mr. Freeze as Compassion/indigo.
I’m thinking a completely neutral weirdo for him. Haha

3 Likes

@Eneishi I think Mr. Freeze would make a better candidate for a Star Sapphire because of his love for Nora

1 Like

Skeets

Dude DC literally said that Batman cannot be a green lantern bc he can’t get over the death of his parents

Mark Grayson-- rage or hope?

Or Dick Grayson as Black Lantern?
That’s dark

But the death of his parents is what drives him. The only real GL Batman that failed is that one from DN Metal. But he was a dark world. If this Batman got one he’d be awesome.

Honestly I’d see Alfred more of a Blue hope. He is typically upfront and honest with Bruce on his feelings leaving little for rage against him or others. He provides more hope to keep batman alive as a true symbol, which is what hope is.

2 Likes

I just dont see a green lantern in Batmans future. Red if anything. I may be biased because I have been cursed with the red lantern symbol tattooed on my neck.

I re read this, but holy crap man. Hawkman and Hawkgirl as Star Saphire. That’s a perfect match. Millenia of them being together. Forget about Dove. They should be the embodiment of love.

1 Like

I think he’s referring to this issue from the Johns run, which I thought addressed the subject very well. Personally, as I see it, Batman does what he does because he’s constantly afraid that what happened to him will happen to someone else. He’s strong-willed, of course, but if anything, his inability to overcome great fear is his greatest asset. He’d make a far better Sinestro than GL as someone who’s both driven by and inspires fear.

2 Likes

Y’know, had Bryan Q. Miller’s Batgirl run gone on longer, then Stephanie Brown would have eventually wielded a Blue Lantern ring.

I am still upset that this never happened.

2 Likes

I’d wager yellow for Batman

4 Likes

How about Alfred Pennyworth sporting a blue ring?

2 Likes

Doomsday would fit in with the reds

4 Likes

Wow. What a great call out. I think he would take leadership of the Reds as well.

1 Like

Now I want to see Doomsday go at it with Atrocitus.

1 Like

I was going to mention him anyway but that would also be nice.

I came back because I forgot my absolute favorite one — Deadman as a White Lantern!

2 Likes