If you could make any comic character a part of a Lantern Core, who would it be?

As the title suggests, who would you choose to make a lantern and why?
There has already been some “guest appearances” as in Lex Luthor as Greed, Flash as Hope, and Scarecrow as Fear, but who else could you think would be a Lantern?

6 Likes

Be kinda cool to see Alfred with a lantern ring; could see him being either a white or red lantern. White bc he’s just an overall good guy and red bc he has to deal Jason & Damian a lot so i’m sure there’s some built up rage there from those two plus watching Bruce be pretty self-destructive at times has to anger him as well. Though thinking about it, he’d probably just end up with a blue or green lantern ring

6 Likes

I can see it now, an Elseworlds with Blue Lantern Superman, Green Lantern Batman, and Indigo Wonder Woman!

2 Likes

Victor Zsazsz as a Red Lantern. “I sense the rage in you”- Atrocitus. Not a direct quote he’s ever said to him, but that’s the way I think it would go down.

2 Likes

Snoopy? The WWI flying ace now has a green power ring. :grinning:

6 Likes

Any comic character? As in, outside of DC?

I’d see Atomika join the Green Lanterns, while Fathom Matthews enlists with the Blue Lanterns, all the while the Al Simmons Spawn rides the fence between the Red and Yellow Lanterns.

The gals from Danger Girl (which used to be a DC property, via the Wildstorm imprint, but is now an IDW joint) would join either the Star Sapphires or the Blue Lanterns.

Calvin, of Calvin and Hobbes, would be an Orange Lantern so that Hobbes would truly live, and be his, all his.

4 Likes

Well since Kevin Smith is officially part of the comic universes he should be able to weild the ring :joy:

I agree with your choice of Spawn. I dont think I can think of another that would be a better fit for the Sinestro Core.

2 Likes

Antone Arcane as a Red Lantern.

1 Like

One of the Superboys (ie, Jon or Connor) as a Blue Lantern. It be a great way to further distinguish them from each other and tie back in to the idea of Superman as a symbol of hope.

3 Likes

Depends on whether you’re asking who would make a good Lantern or what character I’d like to actually see as a Lantern. For the former, I think either Jim or Barbara Gordon would be an excellent GL candidate, but it would be kind of unnecessary and disruptive as a plot development.

For who should be a Lantern, I’m going to stick with Green because I’ve always thought it was really strange that there are six (seven if you count Alan Scott, but he’s not in the Corps) Green Lanterns in Sector 2814 and all of them are humans. So for the sake of argument, let’s say Miss Martian. She doesn’t really do much in the comics, so it would be a solid way to get her involved in stuff a little more.

3 Likes

I’d be up for Dick Grayson becoming a blue lantern if it meant he could be Nightwing again.

4 Likes

Ares the God of war could get a red lantern ring because he is the god of conflict and strife and strife seems to follow him everywhere he goes, as he incite each new war after another to fuel his power. Therefore, he could become a red lantern. Though, his thirst for inner conflict could lead him to butt heads with atrocitus and his fellow red lanterns.

1 Like

Sounds a whole lot like Guy Gardner. Haha. But the god of war would make for a good red lantern for sure.

1 Like

@Eneishi it does kind of sound like Guy Gardner doesn’t it? Thanks for your input. :+1:

Black Manta should have gotten a red lantern ring by now, the guy lives on hate.

4 Likes

@GreenLantern2261 along that same vain, I really enjoyed Mera’s turn as a red ringslinger… Honestly all the Blackest Night Deputy Lanterns were so well fitting (make Scarecrow a full time yellow!), but outside of BN, I’d like to see Solomon Grundy as a Black Lantern, Kyle back as White, Hawkman/Hawkgirl as Star Sapphires or Reds… I love these kinds of questions, I’ll keep brainstorming!

4 Likes

I could see Garfield donning an orange ring…

1 Like

Really cool topic, @Eneishi! I’ll admit that when I first read it, I took “comic” to be “comedian-comic” and immediately thought of Pauly Shore. A Goofy Movie, anyone? :joy:

I love the all of the creative ideas here especially:

• @cameronscott232.11183, Alfred definitely has some pent up rage. This is such a viable option!

• @dago-mage, I agree - Victor Zsasz and Atrocitus would most certainly have some words.

• @Vroom, Spawn is an excellent choice!

• @JeepersItsTheJamags, I was thinking Barbara Gordon as well and Miss Martian is also an interesting pick!

• @ComoChingadosNo, Grayson - nice!

• @GreenLantern2261, Black Manta is for sure a red lantern - whether he’s with The Corps or not!

• @GreenFantern, I was wondering if anyone would mention Blackest Night. Great point!

That being said, I adored Batman’s turn as The Dawnbreaker in Dark Knights: Metal! It showed the great potential of The Lantern Corps and opened the floodgates for even more inventive opportunities.

Additionally, I would love to see a storyline where all of Gotham’s villains each got ahold of rings. With such an overwhelming challenge, which would each character be aligned to and how would Batman save the day?

3 Likes

Seems like most of them would be Sinestro Corp. Bat-villians are made to be scary.

1 Like