If You Could Make a Show Featuring a DC Hero?

So if you could make a show featuring one DC Hero who would it be? Also, it the hero can’t have been on any past show! Lets have some fun!

5 Likes

I would love to do a live action series of James Robinson’s run on Starman. I think it lends itself to a seasonal format. You can easily get to know Jack, the O’Dare family, The Shade, Mikaal, Ted and the rest of that amazing supporting cast. I know it’s a long shot, but if I had carte blanche and Robinson would let Jack be used in the series, I think it would be something pretty special

4 Likes

ANY past show, in ANY role? Well, there goes my Question series…

I’d go with Cassandra Cain but even she’s had a couple silent cameos in Young Justice. Jason Todd’s been on Titans. Jessica Cruz is in DC Super Hero Girls. And she’ll be in that new Green Lantern show. Booster Gold was in Smallville. Deadman was in Batman: The Brave and the Bold. This is hard!

All right, I guess I’ll go with… well, I was going to say Slam Bradley, but he’s been on Batwoman. Man.

Yeah, okay, I’m gonna say- no, Icon and Rocket were in Young Justice! Shoot!

Jonah Hex was on Legends of Tomorrow, so that’s a no too.

Oh wait, got it — Tommy Monaghan. Hitman. That would be a great show.

WHEW, that was rough.

5 Likes

I think a Martian Manhunter show could be super cool! Make it a cop drama and show him hiding his powers and solving cases while struggling to fit in on this alien world.

3 Likes

I would defiantly watch this. There is a lack or solo issues for Martian Manhunter so I have a desire to see him more as a lead character in any media.

3 Likes

Bat Mongoose on Survivor

1 Like

I’ve always loved him but haven’t looked to find any good comics for him. The Christmas episode of Justice League breaks my heart and his struggles with humanity, it’s so good! I can relate so much because humans are hot garbage most of the time.

3 Likes

For comics I read his only ongoing solo series from 1998. It’s 36 issues long so it’s not a tasking read and it has a lot of his detective side shown and loneliness for being the last of his kind. I highly recommended for those interested in MM.

4 Likes

Thank you! I will check it out!

2 Likes

Birds of Prey with Simone’s cast. It lends itself to an episodic nature.

3 Likes

I’d really like show centered on Zatanna, but I think that’s what they’re trying to go with the Justice League Dark show on HBO Max. But that feels like cheating so here’s another, Mister Miracle and Big Barda. I think that’d be neat.

2 Likes

Ummm. Etrigan! Jason Blood the tv show! It’ll be so good.

2 Likes

Cassandra Cain as Batgirl has not appeared on any past show

2 Likes

Nobody actually paid attention to the OP, did they?

Martian Manhunter is a main character on Supergirl, Etrigan appeared in Justice League Action and Batman: The Brave and the Bold, the Birds of Prey had a TV series of their own along with Huntress and Black Canary being heavily featured in the Arrowverse, Zatanna appeared on Smallville, and Cassandra Cain appeared in Young Justice: Outsiders.

My answer based on the criteria of the OP isn’t a single hero, but a group of them: Wildstorm’s StormWatch. The team’s character lineup and mythos have been all over the place and offer a lot of fodder for TV storytelling, as does the mythos of the wider WildStorm universe writ large.

1 Like

hence why I’m saying loopholes- cass as batgirl or black bat not orphan.(batman and robin eternal Cass has a different backstory than Batgirl no man’s land Cass) you could say supergirl from when she was an angel (animated or with really good CGI) stuff that has technically shown up but in different versions.

2 Likes

Finding ‘loopholes’ isn’t following the criteria of the OP.

dude that is kind of the point of loopholes :joy: also Cass has only showed up for like 5 minutes at most also it says been on any past show that leaves room for interpretation to over-glorified cameos and name drops count?

1 Like

I would LOVE to see a Midnighter tv show!! I also really liked Mother Panic, she’d be great too

2 Likes

I don’t think Vigilante has been on any shows, so he’s my vote.

2 Likes

Vigilante appeared in the 5th season of Arrow.