If You Could Have Anyone Make Your Dream Book, Who/What Would It Be?

It’s funny how you say Titans stunts the growth of its character when each of those characters were developed most in that team than any other appearance they’ve had. That makes no sense. Now, I will say that Nightwing and Wally have both been developed further to some degree outside of the team and that the others deserve the same treatment, but it’s not the team that’s the problem, it’s the unwillingness from writers to develop said characters. There have been plenty of opportunities both in and out of the Titans to develop each of those characters further and the writers chose not to. Then to point at Nightwing as the problem is even more ridiculous, he’s the leader, he leads and very well in fact that he is the most well respected by his peers and both said and shown to be a better leader than Batman. Nightwing leading the team does not hold them back from leading their own lives. Sounds to me like you’re looking for them to be developed more and that can easily be done without splitting up the team. And just like characters like Nightwing and Wally just because they’re in Titans doesn’t mean they can’t have their own solos as well.

1 Like

An effective and good team book needs to know how to juggle multiple characters and give each of them a spotlight. Each character is someone’s favorite, so you have to make sure you are giving a compelling team-up story while developing and making us care about the characters. Not saying it’s easy to do, especially with a limited number of pages and issues :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Exactly!!! That’s why I said it’s the fault of the writers and not the team itself.

2 Likes

I never said Nightwing was the problem. I do believe the Titans roster is a problem.
How long should teen friends remain a club? How old are they now?
With so many great Titans characters, the roster should rotate more.
To be clear, I was thinking more of Beast Boy when saying “stunt growth.” He still comes across as a teenager to me.
Finally, I try to avoid criticizing the creators because they’re real people.

2 Likes

That’s because they de-aged him. You did point Nightwing as part of the problem:

And what just because they were friends as teenagers mean they can’t be a team anymore. And to correct you they’re more than just friends, they look at each other as family. The Batfam is still together and they’re how old now? The logic makes no sense. Yeah there have been a lot of Titans but how many of them are still active is the question. And even more than that, most of the characters people consider “Titans” now aren’t even part of the generation or era as the Titans. They don’t have those connections and to add DC completely dismantled the original team in order to copy the development they had with each other for these other characters. That’s why any character not introduced in the fab 5 and NTT eras of Titans is not a real Titan. So really the only ones not used are Bumblebee, Herald, Gnarrk, Kole, Jericho, and Lilith.

1 Like

Oooooh that’d be cool

1 Like

I also think it’s smart to have a “Teen Titans” group that rotates, but the “Titans” themselves are like the Justice League; you have a core team and add new people here and there depending on storylines

1 Like

I agree on the Titans bringing in their other members when the stories call for it. But do no get me started on the knock-off brand Teen Titans. Tim and everyone else need to have their own stories, character development, and relationships instead of trying coping what we already have. Titans is for the OG sidekicks and the ones they grew up with. No one else. If the team is to ever be passed on it should be to their kids, not their replacements.

2 Likes

I enjoyed John’s time on the boom with Tim, Conner, Bart, and Cassie. Wally had the JL, Dick and Roy with the Outsiders, someone had to get the Titans out there and drive the fight. Since then, while I have enjoyed some runs on Teen Titans, I would agree that the best formation of that team is the OG sidekicks

2 Likes

Yeah I didn’t at all. It felt like they were de-agin the NTT and replacing the OG sidekicks then copying those relationships, dynamics, etc. I’m not against those characters I would just rather see them be and doing their own things and I just don’t see that happening when putting them together, especially not under the name of Titans. It’s far too similar almost to the point of plagiarism.

1 Like

I get where you’re coming from. I grew up with Tim as my Robin so I’ll always follow him, and while a lot of the themes and dynamics of the OG team were there, I felt like we got some new stories out of it, especially with Conner involved. But again, OG Titans will always be a team I love to see

2 Likes

Let’s combine this with Jorge Jimenez on art, since he’s also said it’s his dream to work on a Superman monthly.

I’m already preordering deluxe editions in my head.

4 Likes