If WB were to lose DC

Star Trekcomics would be better than Star Wars comics.

I’m pretty sure that Marvel would love to own DC. They would discontinue any title that wouldn’t sell well, have the Hulk, Thor, and Captain America defeat Superman, have the punished defeat Batman and Major beat Aquaman. I seriously doubt that the Warners would sell DC under any circumstance since they know the merchendising potential that their IP’s have.

1 Like

It might be better off for DC because they would have to make smarter bets and have more creative freedom to make actual comic-book movies

@justafan says that as we see films like Superman: The Movie, Superman II, Batman '89, The Dark Knight, Wonder Woman and (maybe Aquaman) have made big statements in comic book movie history.

2 Likes

I think the bigger question is…
Can we get the guys that write the animated DC movies to write the live action movies. They do such a better job at it.

2 Likes

@dragonpriest, so to answer your question, Geoff Johns, who wrote for Justice League: Action and Aquaman: Throne of Atlantis, is also writing for Wonder Woman, 84 and Green Lantern Corps. Bruce Timm, who wrote Batman: the Animated Series, Justice League Animated, and several DTV’s in the DCAU is now writing the Joker/Harley Quinn movie project with Jared Leto and Margot Robbie that hasn’t been given a start date yet.

4 Likes

Had not heard about Bruce Timm’s involvement with a live action movie. That’s great!

1 Like

I didn’t know that either but very cool

@dnno1 Thanks for the info, I wasn’t aware of that, and I’m happy to hear it!

Who is there? Universal has completely mishandled the Hulk, Sony’s numerous reboots of Spiderman were getting worse to the point they begged to join the MCU (okay maybe not begged). Disney and WB are the only ones that can handle a property as big as DC. I don’t see the feds letting Disney acquire DC